June 21, 2012

Anya Jean (and a creeper)



MusicPlaylist

When my sister told me she was pregnant, I just knew it was a girl.  I had only my two boys at the time and I was so stoked to have a baby girl in the family.  She went along her pregnancy as any other pregnancy.  Then came the time when she was to have her first ultrasound and find out the sex of the baby.  As any parent knows, this is a very exciting time.

But it wasn't as exciting as most times because she found out something else.  She found out that her baby was a girl, but also had a very severe form of Spina Bifida.  We were so scared.  They told us that Anya would have several problems--most notably that she would never walk.  Well, Anya came into the world strong and smart.  She was a fighter from the get-go.  She had endured two surgeries just in her first two days.  But she survived.  And she went on to be the most remarkable six year old I know.

Yesterday was Anya's sixth birthday and I am so proud of the little girl she has become. She is smart and so sweet.  She still has to use a wheelchair to get around, but she is strong.   She has already well surpassed any expectations that any doctor has ever set for her.  Happy birthday Anya!  Auntie loves you so much!

So.  Today.  Ugh.  Once again the weather was gorgeous albeit extremely hot.  And so, as per usual, all the peeps were out and about at all my usual go-to backdrops.  The nerve!

I finally found this secluded little area down by the Court house and it was so perfect.  Water, a bridge, trees and virgin to the blog.

Unfortunately, I wasn't the only one thinking this.  As I was going in for the kill, three bicyclists mozied on over to my spot and parked their bikes.

Whatever.  I had already used time in my lunch break that I didn't have to even find a spot with an available parking spot.  I wasn't moving.

I thought that by standing my ground, they would opt to find another place to be.  I was on a time crunch and they were just having a leisurely stroll in the park for goodness sakes. 

Well that didn't work out.  We were like two picture taking gun slingers we were.  Snap snap snap snap snap.  My camera, her camera.  Pow pow pow!

Not only did this leave very little room for on the spot photo editing (I have no idea how to use Photoshop and so I just take a billion pictures), but it left some pretty dumbass looks on my face.  

Well, suddenly, the little bike trail was flooded with people.  Walking, biking and just generally being a pain in my ass.  I sat there patiently with my tripod ready to go, just waiting for the crowd to pass when a foreign gentleman with a European accent asked if I could take a picture with him.  I stood there confused for a second, thinking I heard him wrong, but no.  He did, in fact, want a picture with me.  And then he thanked me, telling me he was from Oklahoma.

I have to say, this is a first in OOTD pictures for me.  I've been offered by strangers to take my pictures, I've been asked questions about my picture taking and almost been run over by a heard of deer.  But getting my picture with a random sweaty foreigner?  Now that is a first.

  Polka Dot Ruffle Pencil Skirt-Ann Taylor Loft, thrifted; Short Sleeved Chambray Button Up-Style & Co., thrifted; Maroon Sandals-Payless (really old); Necklace-Kohl's; Watch-gifted

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs