June 19, 2012

Punk N Country



MusicPlaylist

This outfit is a way to showcase how you can mix different elements of your wardrobe together to, in the words of Tim Gunn, "make it work."   

Plaid is usually reserved for fall, but if you add a crisp white cotton skirt and funky orange sandals, it works for summer as well.  Also, the plaid and white cotton skirt are a little country, but the studding detail on the breast pocket of the button up with the bright orange heels make it a little more urban.

Aside from fashion, today was one of those mornings when I got up and just loved life.  I was in the best mood.  Perhaps it was because Monday was behind me, but I think it was something else. 

Patrick and I had the best date night ever last night.  It was all his idea too.  We decided to have date nights on Mondays instead of Fridays in the summer so I don't loose any time with my kiddos.  Usually we go out to eat and/or do something outside of the house.  

I have to say, I was pleasantly pleased when Patrick suggested we order Chinese and take on the rest of Sons of Anarchy.  We only had three episodes left of Season 3.  I know, what are we going to do with our lives until Season 4 comes on Netflix????  I have no idea . . . 

The Season 3 finale was by far the best season finale I have ever seen.  Take some Agent Stahl!  Sorry.  I won't say anymore.  Not only that, but before the finale started, Patrick did something so sweet, literally.

If you've been reading a while, you know by now that Patrick and I are milkshake junkies.  Usually he gets strawberry and I get chocolate.  Last time we got shakes, I took a sip of his and told him "you know what would be awesome?  If we had shakes that were half strawberry and half chocolate."  Yep.  Before the finale started, Patrick took off without telling me where he was going and came back with two milkshakes--both half strawberry and half chocolate.  It.  Was.  THE BEST!

It sounds like a pretty lame night, but it was so much fun and so nice to just lounge around the house together.  We laughed together, we yelled at the TV together and just had a ton of fun. 

Date nights are so important--especially when you have kids.  It is so easy to be swept up in the petty stresses in life.  It's always nice to spend time with the one that stands beside you in all of it.  What a great way to spICE up the evening.  *inside joke, but trust me it's a good one--that's for you Patrick!*

  Plaid Button Up-Mudd; White Eyelet Cotton Skirt-Abercrombie and Fitch, thrifted; Orange Suede Cut-out Sandals-Payless; Leopard Cuff-Kohl's; Earrings-gifted

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs