June 27, 2012

Disturbed and Perturbed


MusicPlaylist

Just call me Runaround Sue.  Jeez.  The first half of my day was . . . shitty.  I'm just gonna say it.  First of all, I'm going to spare you all the deets on the first story, but I will give you a recap of sorts.

So the short, much less colorful, story of this morning went like this--call from my ex saying Conner was writhing in stomach pain followed by a text saying that he was having his blood and urine tested and his stomach x-rayed because the doctors thought he had appendicitis followed by me incessantly asking him where they were followed by leaving work in a panic to a destination still unknown in a town an hour away from my work.

I never got a reply back to where Conner was being treated.  All I knew was he was at an urgent care.  But there is more than one urgent care.  And because of HIPPA, they can't tell me over the phone if my son is there or not.  So I had to drive to alllllll of the urgent cares and walk inside to see if Conner was there.  As I was approaching the last urgent care, my ex texts me to tell me that Conner actually does not have appendicitis--just constipation.  I asked him to wait so I could at least see Conner since I had been driving in the blazing heat for over an hour and a half-ish to try to find him.  But, I was not granted that.  So it was all for nothing.  The overheating, the gas, the time away from work, the anxiety and panic.  Nothing. 

Plus side--Conner is ok and hopefully on the way to recovery.  Bottom side--I was pissed.  Correction: pissssssed that I did not get the courtesy text of where Conner was.  *steps off soapbox*

But this was not the only traumatizing thing that happened to me today.  Ladies, the following story is not for the faint of heart.  But here's what happened:

So I had to pee at work today.  Our office has one bathroom for the floor out in the hall.  I went to go use it, open the door and there sits a woman with her pants at her ankles, playing on her phone.  All I could think to do was shriek and stand in horror.  I was stunned!  And mortified.  Who doesn't lock the door.  And the woman didn't even seem upset! 

Yikes.  Anyways . . . after work I had to take Kaden to Kumon, go to the store, do some laundry, do the dishes and then get Kaden ready for a baseball game at 8.  But I came home to find that Nakita had gotten into the trash.  My house . . . was destroyed.  

I wasn't havin' it.  I had to leave the mess for Patrick and head to the store.  But I was in such a tizzy over my day that when I got to the store I completely spaced what all I needed at the store.  

So what did I do?  I just went with my instincts.  I got the basics.  And by basics, I clearly mean milk and the new issue of InStyle.  

But what better way to end a shitty day?  Seeing Kaden's team kick ass tonight.  Seriously, the score was 19-7.  And Kaden had an amazing hit.  Now if that doesn't cheer you up, I don't know what would.

  Coral Tiered Maxi Skirt (worn as a dress)-Marshall's; Floral and Embroidered Cardigan-Fresco, thrifted; Coral Suede Sandals-Payless; Earrings-DIY and gifted; Necklace-Empowerment Circle of Support from Avon

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs