April 18, 2012

OMG Has It Been A Year ALREADY?!?!?!



MusicPlaylist


Yep, it has.  One year ago today I started this little blog called Frannie Pantz with this very mediocre attempt at a post.

A lot has changed in one year's time.  I have gotten a lot more personal on my posting.  I was wary of this at first, but it just didn't feel like "me" when I was just keeping it clothing related.  Plus, we all know that I have a big mouth and very little self control. 

I have "met" so many wonderful women blogging.  It has been lovely to have a creative outlet with like-minded folk from all parts of the world.  These ladies have all cheered me up and cheered me on.  They offer kind words, support and smiles.


One year later, I have a few collaborations under my belt, over 48,000 views and have completed umpteen fashion challenges with Everybody Everywear and Fashion Challenges.  I have been featured on the Huffington Post . . . and also here.  In June of last year, I finally got gutsy enough to take my first "out in public" photos and I have never looked back.  Just having the confidence to do that was really a big deal for me.  And, I managed to take photos nearly everyday of my outfit without resorting to indoor photos, even in the bitter cold, snow or rain.  Go me.

I have tried things that I would have never otherwise thought of fashion-wise.  Take today, for example, where I'm wearing this dress as a top.  A year ago, I would have never thought to do that!  Or dress as a skirt or all 25 different ways to wear a scarf or layering tights or anything of the sort.

Blogging has done unspecified good to my shopping habit.  Yes, I still have weaknesses.  Yes, I still love to shop.  But I have become so much more conscious of how I shop now.  What I used to do was this:  "It's cute and it's cheap . . . it shall be mine!"  Now I take my time, try things on, take into consideration the price per wear and really analyze the way a piece fits me.

What a wild ride it's been.  What amazing women I've "met".  What great places I have found to turn to in need of inspiration.  What great lessons I've learned in the evolution of my writing, self photography, working with clothing companies, taking negative feedback in stride, being proud of positive feedback, challenging myself with my style and being able to share with all of you.  For those of you who have been around since the beginning (mainly talking friends and family here obviously)--thank you.  For those of you who are new readers--thank you.  For all of those inbetween who give me inspiration, kind words and positive feedback--thank you.  Here's hoping there are many more years ahead!

I got multiple comments on this outfit today.  When I was leaving the house, Patrick said, "now that's what I call a snake in the grass."  I didn't get it at first either, but apparently the moral of the story was that he thought my skirt looked like grass.  I know, but I love him anyway . . . 

Sally said my outfit looked classic (like Victorian style) because of the collar while Daryl thought that the collar made me look Latin.  That's what I love most about style:  it's all about perspective!

Coral Colored Dress Worn As A Top-Marshall's; Green Graphic Skirt-Old Navy, thrifted; Black Peep Toe Patent Leather Pumps-Mossimo; Earrings-DIY and gifted; Ring-Encore

2 comments:

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs