April 8, 2012

Sugar High


MusicPlaylist

Well sugarplums, how was everyone's Easter Holiday (for those of you who partake)?  For me, in a word: AWESOME.

For starters, I got to play Easter Bunny for my chitlins. Last year, they were with their dad.  I forgot how much fun it was hiding eggs and assembling baskets.  Like a mini-Christmas.

You know what else is awesome?  Butterfingers for breakfast.  The only time it is minutely acceptable to do so.  But I think we should condone this more often . . .

Speaking of food, I also supplied the ham for the Easter brunch this year.  It was my first year with such a responsibility.  And, to put it modestly, my Jalepeno Pomegranate Ham totally rocked the cashbah.  

I got to see all four of my nieces and my nephew today.  Not to mention, my mom, her boyfriend, my future mother in law, my brother, his girlfriend, her mom and her aunt, my future sister in law and her boyfriend.  It was a full house.  And it was just divine. 

And, of course, Patrick, who helped me with my endless requests and favors.  Thank you honey!

Some of my favorite activities of the day (besides eating) included: tetherball, jumping on the trampoline, the "surprise" Easter egg hunt and, of course, taking pictures. 

And, in the true spirit of this joyous spring holiday, I wore a dress that resembled jelly beans, open toe sandals and my favorite mustard cardigan.  Oh, and I curled my hair.  

So, I played hostess today for all these great folks and found that I really love hosting.  It's a lot of hard work, but it payed off in the end.  I even got some pretty and fragrant lilac flowers for doing so!

Not to mention that besides Easter, today is yet another very important day: Sunday.  AKA Jerseylicious.  Aw.  Seeing my girls is just such a great time in my week. 

However, I can say in confidence that I could definitely go for another day of the same. I am really wishing that tomorrow weren't Monday morning.  Blech. 

But, at least I had today.  And even if just for today, I wouldn't trade it for anything. Because good food and time with family is definitely as good as it gets.  Hope your Easter was blessed with the same. 

Yellow Ribbon Collar Cardigan-J. Crew, thrifted; Polka Dot Chiffon Dress-Fun2Fun, thrifted; Sky Blue Open Toe Sandals-Jones Wear, gifted; Yellow Hoop Earrings-gifted

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs