April 1, 2012

That's No Foolin'!


MusicPlaylist

I am one of the most gullible people in the universe.  Seriously, I can fall for anything.  Thus, the rearing of April Fool's Day is kind of nerve-wracking.  

Some of the ways I have been fooled in the past include . . . .

I used to work for an electronic retailer back in the day.  One April Fool's Day, the company posted a bulletin on the employees' website about how we were going to start being open 24/7.  My boss called me in to "talk to me about it", knowing how naive I am.  I totally feel for it--even pitching a miniature childish tempertantrum about how there was no way I was working the graveyard shift. 

The following year, that same boss got me yet again and this time let all the other employees in on it.  I went out to my car to leave for the day and suddenly it wasn't there.  Some of the car installation guys had taken my keys out of my purse and moved my car.  When I walked in hysterical that someone had stolen my car, there was a group of employees (seriously like 30 people) waiting for me to freak out.    

Another year, my bestie Matty called me up.  We had a trip to Vegas planned that summer.  This was back when Justin Timberlake was the king of the pop hill and our personal favorite.  "Robin, when are we going to Vegas again?"  "June something," I reply.  "No freaking way!  I just won backstage tickets to Justin Timberlake in Vegas during that same time!!!!"  After he let me scream and hop around for a good 15 minutes he goes "APRIL FOOOOOOOOOOL'S!!!!!"

 So needless to say, this is not my favorite "holiday".  This is also coupled with the fact that historically I had not had much good luck with April in general.

For some reason, during the month of April, some b.s. always went down--car accidents, finding out a boyfriend had been unfaithful (with a girl named Apryl nonetheless) and the like.  

So when I found out my second child was due in the beginning of April, I was less than stoked.  I so hoped that he would come in March.  But March came and went and he was still kickin' it.

April Fool's Day came and my mom had a feeling.  She took Kaden to spend the night with her just in case.  I told her that I refused to go into labor on April Fool's Day.  But Conner had other plans.  At 11:17 p.m. on April Fool's Day in 2005, I went into labor with Conner.  From that moment forward, April never looked so good.  

Mustard Sweater-thrifted, no tags; Pleather Shorts-Lauren Conrad for Kohl's; Platform Loafers-Bandolino, gifted; Earrings-Kohl's

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs