April 15, 2012

Sour Pants


MusicPlaylist

 Today I woke up on the wrong side of the bed.  There were contributing factors, but I'm not going to share them here.  I do have some limitations. 

But we're not gonna talk about that.  We're going to talk of happy things.  For starters these pants.  

I have a confession.  I did not thrift these pants.   *silent pause* I know.  But, go big or go home I always say.  And since I was already cheating by thrifting, I thought to myself, "why not pick up those lemon yellow pants that are currently on sale at Kohl's that you've been lusting over since you bought your mint ones?"  And so we were united at last.  A classic love story. 

I started to feel badly, so I walked around the store with them for a while just to make sure I was making the right decision.  Luckily, I was on the phone with my cousin.  "Dawggie.  Remember those yellow pants that we saw at Kohl's a few weeks ago that you thought were hideous and I loved?"  "Yeah."  "I have them in my hand.  Should I get them?"  "Are they on sale at least?"  "Yeah!"  "Then what are you even asking me for woman?  Ring that up!"  And, so I did.  Peer pressure.  It's a pain in the ass.  ;-)

I got my car cleaned out today, which is something I've put off for an embarrassing amount of time.  Ole Goldilocks is pretty as a picture she is.   

I also got to hang out with my nieces.  My brother, nieces and I were Playdoughing it up like champions.  My brother turns to Anya (my 5 year old niece) "what do you think of my frog Anya?"  "Is that a turtle Uncle Kyle?"  Me-"Uncle Kyle it looks just like a frog with a shell" Anya-"Auntie, I think you're confused."  ;-)

We also got our first April showers last night.  It was impressive too.  It's hard to believe that Colorado has had zip for moisture this spring, but we are a smidgen away from desert classification after all.   

There is nothing better than a nighttime spring shower.  The lovely sound of rain off the windows, the coziness of a comforter and hot tea, the way that the streetlights and headlights dance off the wet pavement, the smell of hydrated grass and trees when you wake up . . . there's just nothing like it. 

Spending the day with Patrick.  I've missed him so much while he's been doing the overnight thing.  I took full advantage of being able to hug and kiss on him, talk to him and mess around with him.  And let me tell you what, he can grill the holy moly out of some chicken.  Bomb. 

My brother's girlfriend finally repotted (is that the right term?) my spider plant from a mason jar today.  Eh, after four years, it was about time I guess.  What can I say?  I really try, but I am not good with plants.  

I am so excited to give my daughter her dollhouse and furniture on Tuesday!  I even got them all wrapped up today.  They are so cute!  I even found some old school dolls to put in them.  She's gonna be so stoked!

I had a wonderful meal with my mom, Patrick, Kaden and my nieces.  It was so good.  My mom especially loved the marinade for the chicken. And asked how I made it.  "Open the lid and pour it on," I answer with a smile.  Hey, what can I say?  I'm not much of a do it yourselfer in the kitchen either.  

So, all in all, a great little Sunday.  Not to mention, we are moments away from Jerseylicious.  So, yeah, it can only get better from here.

Lemon Yellow Skinny Jeans-Rewind for Kohl's; Black Knotted Top-Sajie In the City; Leather Moto Jacket-Target; Necklace-Kohl's; Bracelet-vintage from Grandma; Heart Earrings-gifted; Black Sandal Pumps-Carlos Santana, gifted

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you have lots of fun things going on:-) laughing at the play-dough visual of a frog with a shell, LOL. I love those yellow pants on you and the black top is cute too. I love night time spring showers too. So relaxing. I know you are so excited to give your daughter her surprise. I know she will LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs