June 3, 2011

Three Ways Three Days Black Dress Shorts



MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

I effing love this song.  It is gay bar fantastic.  If you don't like it, there is something wrong with you.  No offense.

 Blazer (from top photo)-gifted from mom
Red Sheer Button Down-thrifted, New York and Company
Blue Polka Dot Tank-gifted
Black Shorts-Ross, New York and Company
Booties-Apt 9
Earrings-gifted from mom
Belt-unknown


Alright y'all!  It's the 3rd which meeeeeeeans, it's time for a remix up in her.  Today, I chose to remix these black dress shorts.  I have worn them once before on this blog already and I just can't get enough!  Especially now that it finally feels like summer up in her!  (Apparently the theme of the blog today is cutting the e off of here.)  This is what I wore to work.  It was a little hot with the blazer, but kept me from freezing my tucus off with the AC blaring at work.  Can I just say that I love this button down?  I can?  Great, cause I love this button down with all its sheer glory.  The pattern and the lightness are perfection.  My opinion.

 Fedora-K-Mart
White Tee-Mudd for Kohl's
Blue Dolman Sleeve Sweater-Ross
Dress Shorts-Ross, New York and Company
Tennies-thrifted
Bag-gifted
Belt-unknown


This is a more casual way to wear these shorts.  It is not the most flattering picture of me (hello mommy tummy!), but the outfit would bode quite well and would for running errands on a weekend.

 Sequin Tube Top-vintage
Dress Shorts-Ross, New York and Company
Heels-Candies
Bag-Kohl's
Sunnies-Elle for Kohl's


This would be a great outfit for a night on the town.  I almost don't remember what that is, but I know enough to know that this would be what I would wear to go out in.  (hahahahaha . . . *fade to black*)  As I am conjuring up this outfit, I start to tell myself "Robin, you have already worn this top on this blog, just this same week in fact, you are going to look like a freakshow" then I tell myself that I love this top too much to push it aside for fear of looking like a freakshow.  After battling with myself for a good ten minutes, I decided to just go for it.  Then I realized that I had been arguing with myself for ten minutes about what people are going to think on the internet that live miles and miles away and could most likely care less or even remember that I just featured this top on this blog.  Sometimes, we can get so wrapped up in ourselves.  When you start fighting with yourself over a tube top, it's time to unwind.  We truly are our worst critics. (No we're not; shut up Robin)  ;-)


Enjoy your weekend 'erybody!

PS-I did a blog entry for Rockin Robin's tonight.  If you are so inclined, you can check it out here.

14 comments:

  1. Strawberry FrecklefaceJune 3, 2011 at 10:44 PM

    You totally rock the long shorts! You look great. xo

    strawberry freckleface

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, all 3 are lovely!!!My favourite is the first one with the shirt!Really ladylike! Happy weekend,
    Federica
    http://chiccastyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same here, love items that allow for many looks! Great outfits!
    xoxo
    MV
    http://crashingred.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. I appreciate that. Which ones?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The shorts plus blazer look is sharp!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are all great ways to wear the black shorts. I have a pair similar and I will have to do a couple different ways of styling them. I always do the casual thing, but will have to dress them up a bit. And those sandals you have are awesome! Very fierce!
    http://www.hkstylejourney.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vanessa, thank you. I really appreciate it. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for your thoughtful comment! Good luck with your styling! I'll be looking for it on your blog. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love when bloggers do how to wear an outfit 3 ways, so fun. I love the cut and fit of these shorts. Hmm...I think my fav is look number one

    Shasie
    Enter My Nique Cosmetics Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Shasie! I love these shorts. Unfortunately, my bf hates them :-( But, I wear what I want! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice! Men don't know anything anyways! haha

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah, no kidding. I told him that unless he came up with a valid reason for him not to like these shorts (i.e. other than "I just don't"), I was gonna wear the hellouttathem!

    ReplyDelete

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs