June 12, 2011

Bittersweet Symphony



MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

 While driving up north to my Grampa's house in Wyoming, I determined that Bittersweet Symphony is the best song for a calm summer road trip.

I love this dress.  I bought it/wore it for the premier of the first SATC movie.  Me and my besties got all dolled up and went to the movie on opening night and felt like movie stars.  Matty even wore a pink vest and tie!  It fits well and the beading under the bust is divine.  The flowers are sewn on beautifully.

 I'm not sure why this photo refuses to be horizontal, even though it is stored that way on the computadora, but it's kinda cool, like I'm walking up.  I saw Mary Poppins one too many times as a wee lass . . . .

So, breaking news.  Not really, but a big step for me.  I let Patrick take these pictures in a public park (didn't he do a great job?).  I was so proud of myself as this was the first time I've had the juevos to do this thus far in my blog.  This is not just taken in any park, but the park by my Grampa's where I have gone since I was about the age my daughter is now.  So many great memories in this little park in a podunk town.  I love visiting my Gramps!  Happy birthday to the best Grandpa there is!

 Dress and Heels-Candie's
Bangles-Kohl's, Wal-Mart and gifted
Earrings-gifted
Ring-District of Clothing
Necklace-gifted
Scarf as headband-vintage from Great Grandma








Oh, and I also did this.  Because you're never too old to ride a zebra.  ;-)

19 comments:

  1. Haha, I hate taking pictures near people. I always feel like a goober. These are so fun though! I love your dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love your cut out pumps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! I really appreciate you coming by! Yeah, it was a little awkward, but I could get used to it. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha, yep. but you could fix that with some photo editing software --
    even the free ones will let you rotate and save you photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for branching out with your photos. The first time is always weird but then you get used to it! Loving this dress!

    Shasie
    Live Life in Style

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lyddiegal, I know, but it's the strangest thing. I actually have rotated this picture like 50x (like the other ones that are horizontal on this page), but Blogger won't accept it I guess. Oh well. Could be worse. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Shasie! Yeah, it was a little unnerving, but I started small and it was alright. You don't get much smaller of an audience than Wheatland, Wyoming. Plus, everyone was already staring at me anyway since I was wearing 4 inch heels in a park (hey, I didn't know I would be in a park!), so it was kinda like "eh, screw it." ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the beaded detailing on that great dress! You are rocking all the bracelets!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much! I love wearing a band of bracelets--except when I have to type a lot. Then it's just annoying. ;-) Thank you for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that dress! SO sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much Veronika! And, as always, thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a lovely dress. Congrats on the photo location! Looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you, Megan, as always for your thoughtful comment! I think I might be able to do a public photo again some time. It was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's my favorite part of fashion, is standing out! I love that when people
    turn heads, good or bad, at least they are noticing :-)

    ReplyDelete

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs