June 8, 2011

Take Two



MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com


This morning was much better-thank you all for your thoughtful well wishes! However, I somehow managed to delete all the photo shots that I took of this outfit earlier, you know, when the lighting was perfect, the shots came out all smiley and my makeup didn't look like it had been blasted with heat all day. But, looking on the bright side, I did get these quickies in just before quarter sized raindrops fell.


As soon as I saw these cutie booties on the F21 website, I knew I had to have them.  I am a sucker for real quirky, statement kinda pieces and these are supposed to be inspired by 1920 football booties.  For the record, they are great with wide leg pants.  And skinny jeans.  And, they really (paired with the jacket) helped put the BA (that's Bad Ass for those of you who speak Dane Cook) in this outfit to even out the sweetness of the sheer floral skirt.


I honestly don't remember if I got this skirt from my mom or my sister or even if I thrifted it, but it is one that takes some . . . second looking or a once over if you will.  It's not something that jumped out at me like "oh, I love this", but I saw potential.  The blue us actually a silk layer under a black, sheer floral overlay.  Eh, I dig it.

Cropped Moto Jacket-Miley Cyrus
White Tee-Kohl's
Skirt-gifted 
Socks-Wal-Mart
Football Booties-F21
Bag-Elle for Kohl's
Watch, Earrings, Necklace and Broach-gifted

18 comments:

  1. What a cute outfit, I love the booties as well!

    And you look radiant and fresh-faced, if you did not mention it I would have thought you took these at the start of the day!

    Hope it's been a happy day for you so far. :)


    xoxo,
    Addie
    The Cat Hag

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right! I hate taking outfit posts after work, because then it's all wrinkly and I'm probably sweaty and gross...totally agree! But I love this look, and I was first drawn directly to that necklace. love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just love your huge pendant - so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love as you have styled every single piece!The skirt is gorgeus!!!
    http://chiccastyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw gee, thanks Addie! I really appreciate your thoughtful comment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Shasie! My sister gave me the necklace and I was heartbroken when it broke late last year :-( But luckily, I have some very crafty people in the family and my brother's girlfriend's mom fixed it up for me! She's the greatest!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Lyddiegal! My mom scoured many a garage sale collecting them for me. Whatta gal!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Federica, you are so sweet! Coming from a talented designer as yourself that is a real compliment! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute button on your jacket. Your shoes also look very nice

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Jennine! My mom has great taste! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. those boots are GREAT! I never would think to pick them up on the shelf at the store, but seeing them on....they are fantastic. Great outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  12. great shoes! i agree that they have a nice vintage feel!

    dash dot dotty

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much Mary!! They're my favorite "tennies" ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dotty, thank you so much and thank you for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute! Love the shoes and your blog! So glad I stumbled upon it.

    - S from Following the Walkers

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stevie Leigh, Aw! Thanks my dear! I really appreciate that and welcome to you!

    ReplyDelete

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs