June 29, 2011

Dress Assistant Shout Out



MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

My pretties, I have been meaning to mention something of great value to you.  I swear it wasn't out of selfish intent but purely out of a lapse of memory.  I have a little trick of the trade that could literally save you so much time and bring to you much closet appreciation . . .

Some of you might be already familiar with this product, but I have never heard of it or heard of anyone ever using it.  It all started with a Clueless reference . . . .

So I was talking to Pat one night about how cool it would be to have that program that Cher uses in Clueless for my own closet.  After harnessing my thinking cap, I took to the internets . . . 

That's when I stumbled across Dress Assistant.  I checked it out online and figured that for only $19.95, it was worth a try.

 Let me tell you my friends, it was totally worth it!  The pain in the arse part is that you have to take pictures of all your clothes, shoes and accessories.  BUT when you are done, it is so much fun to play with! 
 
You get to make your own outfits with it, name them and even coordinate them with events.  I cannot tell you how much fun this has been and even better how much time it has saved me getting dressed in the morning.  When I am bored, I just sit around and "play with my clothes" on this program, mixing and matching and remixing . . . it's great!  And come morning, when I am stumped on what to wear, I just fire it up and look for that outfit I have made but long forgotten.  Even better is that it really lets me see everything that is in my closet.  Gone are the days when I pull out a piece of clothing and get that "oh yeeeeeeeah . . . " moment.  If you are inclined, check it out!  It is worth it, I promise. 

Dress-Kohl's
Heels-Mudd
Scarf-vintage
Necklace, Cuff and Earrings-Kohl's

20 comments:

  1. I have an app on my phone called stylebook that does the same thing, but I had to take the photos with my iphone and it was so annoying, I only took shots of 5 items. The app had all these requirements to take the pic, like it had to have a solid clear background. How does the picture taking work for this program

    Shasie
    Live Life in Style

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your dress/ headscarf combo, it looks fab!
    Even better, with the flowers in the background! Beautiful!

    Girl about Town XxX

    http://girl-about-town-blog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice photos.
    Maybe we can follow each other?http://www.fashionmechic.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that would take forever! It's a sweet concept though, if only it wasn't the biggest hassle to take inventory of your own closet :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why thank you so very much! That means a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i like what you've done with the scarf and the bun :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know. It was kind of a pain, but in the end, it was worth it. Even taking the pictures was nice cause I got to really inventory my closet and toss things I didn't want or fit in any more and remember old "friends". ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shasie, you do have to take the pictures, but you can take them with a camera, your phone or the webcam on your laptop. It is really time consuming, but you can take the pics any way that you want to. I just laid mine on a black sheet so they all had the same background, but it is up to you. You can even take them with you wearing them if you want. I don't know. It might not be for everyone, but I find it lots of fun! The program also comes with a program for your computer and another app you can transfer to your IPhone. I don't have an IPhone, but it would be pretty cool I think. Check them out if you want to! Thanks as always for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great little device! I totally should have invented this grrrr lol. Thanks for sharing.

    xoxo
    Stacey Kay
    “Runway Inspiration, Vintage Decoration”
    Goodwill Huntingg: Comment on my latest post!
    Cleveland Free Press: Goodwill Huntingg Shopping Guides
    Who wore it best? Blue Collar Catwalk vs God’s Favorite Shoe
    My Vintage Handbag Line

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you StaceyKay! That is the same sentiment that I had! I was like DAMMIT I missed the boat AGAIN! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I must try it out. Sounds like a helpful device to have

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow! thanks for sharing, what a great concept!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Leslie, no problem! I hope that you get a chance to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  14. strawberry frecklefaceJuly 1, 2011 at 5:18 PM

    Love your scarf, lady!!

    I am hosting an aztec shorts giveaway!
    strawberry freckleface

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you and thanks for the giveaway heads up!

    ReplyDelete

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs