June 28, 2011

Celebrations and Memory Lane



MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

So many things to celebrate today!  First and foremost Happy Happy Golden Birthday to my little sister!!!!!  She is the world's greatest sister, mom and wife eva eva.  Love more Peeps!

Second, is what I am going to entitle "making karma my bitch".  That's all I have to say about that.

Third, my location today is my old stomping grounds at Westview Middle School.  I share so many fantastic memories and great friends from this old place.  A shout out to Jessica(s), Holly, Cristi, Elena, Shawnee, Lindsey and Nicole.  Though we have lost touch over the years since we were teeny boppers, they have and always will remain in my hearts.  Love you girls!

Fourth, my bolero.  You remember how excited over this when I thrifted it don't you?  Yeah, how can you not.  Even my boss, Daryl, today said it was his favorite thing I have ever worn to work.  Speaking of work, don't you just love my new hair accessory?  Yeah, apparently I forgot that I had shoved a #2 in my hair to keep the frizz ball off my sweltering neck earlier in the day . . . 

Fourth and a half, it is hard to see in these pictures, but my earrings are made out of antlers and have humming birds carved into them.  They were my grandmother's favorite animal.  Pat's dad's friend made them and they rock the hizzy.

Fifth, this dress has a story (I love that about clothes).  I got it for my grandpa's memorial service about six years ago.  He had passed away in April, but we had the memorial service in July on his birthday in his home town of Wolf Creek, Montana. This is not typically what one would say about a memorial service, but it was honestly one of the best memories of my life.  All my dad's side of the family was there and it was so much more of a celebration of his life than your run-of-the-mill-crying-wearing-black-and-eating-croissants-with-aunts-you-have-never-met-before kind of affair.  He was really funny and really cool.  We all just partied down.  That is the kind of memorial I want to have.  I wore this dress to that service and bought it up in Montana while we were there.  It was perfect. 

On a not so celebratory note and while we are taking a trip down memory lane, I saw this tree at the school and suddenly remembered its importance.  When I was in 6th grade, a fellow classmate of ours died in a car accident.  I remember this very vividly.  He probably never knew I existed and we were not friends (he was popular while I was shy and awkward), but I remember it because it was the first dose of mortality I was ever introduced to.  It is a hard thing when you are 12 and realize that you are not invincible.  Our class planted this tree in his memory.  


Bolero-thrifted
Red Tank-Kathy Ireland
Dress-Ruby Rox
Heels-Fioni
Earrings-gifted and DIY
Sunnies-Elle

14 comments:

  1. I love the color contrast in this outfit! Mega gorg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love,I need, I want your shrug!!!Crazy for that!
    http://chiccastyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Federica! You always know just what to say ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love your skirt! she color is so pure and chic :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That outfit is incredible! It's so much fun. I love the color combo, and the super shiny bolero!

    That's really sweet that you guys planted a tree in his memory. My grandparents planted a tree for all their grandchildren's births. My brother's tree was so big the last time I saw it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What an awesome idea!!!! Maybe one day when I'm a big girl and can buy my own house, I shall plant a tree for each of my kids. I love that!

    Thank you so much Megan, as always, for your kind and considerate comments!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look so classy! The color combo is amazing and I love how that bolero fits on you! :)

    Oh, and that place looks like a wonderful place!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Marisa! I really appreciate the comment and thank you for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Audrey. It is a dress though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday to your sissy! I love that Bolero jacket! Gorgeous, and the shoes just fabulous! Aww it's so nice strolling down memory lane isn't it? When I went home in May, I stopped by my high school, and was amazed that the secretaries still remembered me.

    Shasie
    Live Life in Style

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Shasie! She got a pearl necklace from her husband from TIFFANY'S so I think she had a good one ;-) I so much loved this middle school. I wish it would have been during the school year so I could go in and poke around. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs