May 29, 2014

Thursday Mixer--Lucky Brand Military Jacket

There was a time when eeeeeeevery blogger was rocking some form of a military jacket and I, of course, got all 50 shades of envious because I did'nt; Then one glorious day the thrifting gods bestowed not one but TWO military jackets on me; This Lucky Brand one was the second one I found and I loved it so.  I re-donated the first find, but this gem has been a tried and true staple in my closet.

I got this jacket just in June of last year--not even a year ago--for $8. I've worn it 9 times on the blog and countless times IRL, making the documented price per wear under $1. Now that's thrifting perfection right there.

Top Left to Right- 1, 2, Now, 4
Bottom Left to Right- 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 
 
You know what makes me so happy?  The fact that my kids all have so much love for each other.  I have to admit, I was a little nervous about having a new baby and how my kids would react to it.

Kaden, specifically, I was concerned about--especially knowing what he's been through before and the fact that Reilly was a boy.  But there is not a hint of jealousy or feeling out of place or replaced at all.  He loves his little baby brother.  He constantly wants to hold him and just hang out with him.  He wants to hang out with the baby more than he wants to hang out with me!
Conner is pretty easy-going and has been accepting and excited about the idea from the get-go.  I wasn't too concerned about him.  He is always so full of love.  Nonetheless, he is just as I thought he would be--really helpful and full of love for his baby brother.  I think, too, that he is a little glad to not be the little guy of the house anymore.
Brielle I was also a little concerned about.  She's the baby.  And she really wanted a sister.  So I was a little nervous that she would get a little jealous and clingy once the baby came.  And when we knew Reilly was a boy, I was nervous that she would not be as interested in a baby brother.  But I was very pleasantly surprised.  She adores Reilly and she is so maternal with him.  She loves nothing more than to hold him and bath him and dress him and shop for him.

Siblings are the best.

Cherry Print Maternity Dress-thrifted; Military Jacket-Lucky Brand, thrifted; Black Knee Boots-Charlotte Russe; Necklace-vintage from Grandma; Elephant Cuff-vintage; Earrings-Kohl's


No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs