August 9, 2013

Mission #14--Day 5, 1990's Inspired LINK UP!!!

It's the last day of Mission Week, so we are going to finish up with my decade--the 90's baby!  I'm a 90's kid all the way for sure.

When I think 90's, I think grunge.  The 90's were known as the decade that fashion died.  And garage/grunge music raved, thanks to Nirvana.

So I piled on the most grunge-esque look I could think of--starting with this printed maxi skirt that a co-worker recently gave me (isn't it great working with lawyers who change their wardrobe out every few months?).

On top of that, the standard military jacket and spiked baseball cap (with the hair tucked in the back, of course).

And added a touch of girly pink with this "I'm a Carrie" tank that I bought at Rue21 a billion years ago and have almost got rid of a billion times, but couldn't let it go for nostalgic reasons.  I also have an "I'm a Miranda" tank.

This week was really fun.  I like taking vintage inspired looks or pieces and making them modern.  I think I'll have to revisit this challenge at another time.

Printed Maxi Skirt-Ann Taylor, gifted; Military Jacket-Lucky, thrifted; Carrie Tank-Rue21; Studded Gladiator Sandals-Target; Spiked Baseball Hat-Amazon; Necklace-vintage from Grandma; Earrings-really old

Grab button for MISSION-WEEK

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs