May 30, 2014

Dear Frannie Friday--Fashion Documentaries

Anyone who knows me in real life knows that I'm not a TV fan.  I am, however, a documentary fan.  Patrick and I watch a lot of documentaries.  Recently, I found a slew of great fashion documentaries on Netflix.  Here are some of the faves I saw:








This documentary is basically about the history of NYFW.  It has a slew of designers in it who all look back on the journey of NYFW from humble beginnings in lofts around various parts of NYC to the tents in Bryant Park and eventually to Lincoln Center.








This documentary gives the history of the infamous NYC store and its role in the fashion industry.  Details in this film include that of the owners, their amazing penthouse apartment above the store and the breath-taking window displays.





I'm not sure if this one is on Netflix or not--I saw it a long time ago--but it is one worth seeing.  This film shows all the inner workings of getting the Vogue September issue (aka the motherload of all magazine editions) to press.  Of course, this includes information about Ana Wintour and her team as well.  







To be honest, I thought that the creator of this film was a little goofy, but save for that, the information was really interesting.  I didn't realize, I guess, how influential Halston was!  It was a very interesting look at how fashion has evolved in and since the 1970's.

Do you have a suggestion or question for Dear Frannie Fridays?  If so email me at franniepantz@hotmail.com


Black Skinny Maternity Jeans-Old Navy; Black Tennies-Target; Leopard Print Sheer Blouse-Forever 21; Mustard Cardigan-J. Crew, thrifted; Earrings-Kohl's

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs