May 13, 2014

Share the Covers--Sweet Child of Mine

The original by Guns N Roses . . .


And a sweet cover by Ms. Sheryl Crow . . .

 

Even though I knew I would be stoked with a boy or a girl, I have to admit I was a little nervous about having a boy.  This is only because I didn't want feelings to stir up in Kaden from any past traumatic experiences.  Even though I knew that Patrick would never do that to Kaden, the fear was there.

But, as you all know, I married an amazingly wonderful man.  You can all imagine my relief when Reilly was born and Patrick said the following to the nurse and I as they were checking on Reilly:

"You know, I heard that having your own child and adopting a child were totally different experiences, but I don't think so.  I think that the day I adopted Kaden and this moment are pretty comparable."

Every time I think I can't be more in love with my husband and our family, he goes and says things like that.

Black Maternity Overalls--Amazon; Striped Sailor Tee--thrifted; Leopard Print Wedges--Naughty Monkey, gifted; Black Floppy Hat--Kohl's; Starfish Earrings--c/o Touchstone Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs