May 23, 2013

Thursday Mixer--Peach Shear Maxi Dress


Before we continue on with the Thursday Mixer, I really, realllly want to take a moment to thank everyone for their support on my last post.  I sat in front of my computer forever, contemplating whether I wanted to post about it or not and grimaced when I hit the Publish button.  I was so nervous, but I also wanted to help others that were in my situation.  I am truly touched.

So, this peach shear maxi dress.  I thrifted it last June for $6.  Almost a year later and the price per wear is already at $1.  I think it was originally a nightie, but it is one of my favorite thrift finds. 

Top Left to Right- 1, 2, 3
Bottom Left to Right- Now, 2, 3 

These photos are pretty bittersweet because they were taken on the Tuesday that I found out I was pregnant.  I didn't know there was potential for anything to be wrong yet, so I was incredibly happy. 

On that note, I had to go in for more bloodwork today for the first time since I got the news.  They have to continue monitoring my bloodwork for a couple of more weeks to make sure that everything is going as it should, whatever that means. 

I had a bit of a breakdown.  For starters, why must they always ask you why you're there to get bloodwork?  Do they really make you say it?  I mean, it is safe to assume it's not often for good news.  Second, I got the same formerly bubbly nurse I had the first time I went in.  Not the same kind of visit at all. 

Also a bittersweet moment--today was my kids' last days at school.  So I now have a 7th, 3rd and 1st grader.  I can hardly believe how the time has flown. 

It was also Brielle's last day at the day care she has been going to since she was in diapers.  I brought all the teachers flowers.  Words cannot express the gratitude I have for them and all they've done for her all these years.

Peach Shear Maxi Dress-vintage; Olive Green Military Vest-Old Navy; Leopard Print Heels-Target; Spiked Bracelet-Kohl's; Beaded Bracelet-Souvenir from Four Corners

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs