May 27, 2013

Mission #9, Day 1


Today I wore this mint on mint look for the first day of Mission Week.  I haven't been able to properly photograph this mint tank until I got my new camera but it finally looks more green than white.  Hooray.

One very easy way to try the monochromatic look is to play with textures and different shades of the same color.  Here you see that my shorts are a darker mint than the tank.

To keep the look fresh, I used white accessories, which complimented the mint nicely I thought.  A few touches of silver jewelry added a bit more sophistication.

Today I'm not at work because it is Memorial Day.  I cannot tell you how glad I was to not have to go to work today.  On Saturday, I was confined to bed and it sucked.  Yesterday Patrick and I had a wedding to go to.  And today I had to take my sister, brother, cousin and brother's best friend shopping to get them something to wear to my mom's wedding next weekend.

And we got it all done at one store (Kohl's in case you were wondering) in under an hour and a half.  Not too shabby.  My brother and his best friend are very willing styling participants which is always a lot of fun.

I got everything done that I wanted to get done today, even though not all of it was as fun as shopping.  And even though it wasn't pool lounging or bbq-ing like I was hoping for this weekend, it was a good one with the perfect balance of lazy and productive all the same.

Mint Tank-thrifted; Lace Tank-Ellen Ashley, thrifted; Mint Bermuda Shorts-Charlotte Russe, thrifted; White Sandals-Marshall's; Watch-gifted; Necklace-Wal-Mart; Earrings-gifted; Sunnies-Target

Grab button for MISSION-WEEK

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs