May 1, 2013

Mission #7, Day 3


I decided to celebrate Mission Week of florals on this day by throwing a floral scarf on over a super casual outfit for a super casual snowy day (which wasn't today . . . but it is snowing today too . . . so it works right?).

So as of about 3:00 p.m. today, guess what happened?  Patrick is done with the Air Force.  DONE.  He's been in the service for 11 years.  He had signed up for an extension so that he could go on deployment and that time is now up.

I can tell he's kinda sad.  Obviously the military has been a big part of his life for a long, long time.  But what I'm excited about is that there is no possibility (as of now at least) that he will be deployed again.  And his once a month drill weekends that start at the buttcrack of dawn are also over.

I don't know if he will decide to go back in.  In all honesty, it wouldn't surprise me if he did.  What kind of sucks is that since he was active duty for 5 years and then in the National Guard for 6, he is not eligible for retirement.

So in order for him to get military retirement, which in all honesty is a pretty nice deal, he would need to go back into active duty for nine years (if I understand it right that is).  He would be game.  And it's totally his call, but I secretly and selfishly hope he doesn't.  When he was deployed, it was a lot harder than I expected it to be.  Plus, if he were to get relocated somewhere (which he probably would), I would not be able to go with him, not with my kids at least (so in other words, no, I would not be going with him).

But no matter what happens, in the meantime, we are definitely going to enjoy his "time off" of the military.  So congrats to my amazing husband for serving our country for 11 years.  And thank you!  I love you and I am so proud of you!

Cargo Pants-Candie's; Polka Dot Chambray Button Down-Marshall's; Floral Scarf-vintage; Combat Boots-L.E.I.; Earrings-Kohl's; Beaded Bracelet-souvenir from Four Corners 

Grab button for MISSION-WEEK

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs