October 27, 2011

Some Rules Should Never Be Broken



MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Kinda hard to believe that these photos are taken after our little impromptu blizzard yesterday huh?  We are currently sans internet at the house (Pat is letting me use his phone to post this cause he's a genius and a gentleman) because so many trees have knocked out so many power lines. 

Today's This or That fall challenge hosted by the lovely Megan of Megan Mae Daily and Keely of Casual Chic Kiki is to wear either Stripes or Dots.  This was a hard call because I have so much of both in my closet.  The options were a bit overwhelming. 

Luckily, I had gone thrifting recently (obvs.) and picked up this great Banana Republic sweater and Express suede skirt, so that gave me a little more of a head start.

However, you can't be too proud of me on this score.  Oh no my friends.  I broke some serious thrifting cardinal rules in this purchase and I paid for it.  Dearly.  With this skirt.

Most important thrifting rule #1-ALWAYS try on clothing at thrift stores prior to purchase.  For one, there are no returns, so if you buy it, you are stuck with it (that or in store credit, which isn't sooo bad).  For two, sizes mean nada at thrift stores.  I've found perfectly fitting clothes in several sizes above or below my "regular" size. 

Numero dos for thrifting is to allow yourself time.  Thrifting can be overwhelming.  Don't hurry when you are thrifting or you could end up regretting it. 

I just happen to be in a thrift store (totally legit though, looking for an apron for my Flo costume) and spotted this skirt.  It was in the small section, so I assumed that it would fit.  It was cute as hell and the price was right, so to the register it went with me.  Fool.

I pulled it out this morning for it's first stroll and looked at the actual size on the tag.  Well this was going to take an act of God, thought I.  I realize that the skirt is high waisted, but I barely secured this puppy under my chest.  And I couldn't button it.  And it was highly uncomfortable.  My penance for not trying this bitch on in the first place.  And I noticed a small (turned larger and larger as the day progressed) in the hem of the skirt.  And rule number two is finito.   Blast. 

Black Peacoat-H&M, thrifted; Navy and White Striped Sweater-Banana Republic, thrifted; Chambray Top and Leggings-Wal-Mart; Blue Suede Pencil Skirt-Express, thrifted; Boots-F21; Necklaces-K-Mart and vintage from Grandma; Cuff-Kohl's; Ring-Encore; Earrings-gifted by Pat's mom ;-)


P.S. Don't forget about the $20 discount to eShakti's online store!!!! (Do you all remember this dress?) All you need to do is use the discount code ROBIN0811. The code is valid through October 31, 2011 so don't delay if you are interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs