October 1, 2011

Ask and You Shall Receive



MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Do you all remember this post?  Yeah, that's the one.  The whiny one about how I missed all fashion haps throughout fashion week and how I didn't get to go anywhere or do anything?  Well, guess where I was last night?  A fashion show for Gino Velardi for Colorado's Fashion Week.

My best friend Chris was informed by his amazing hair stylist Lynette that her salon (3 Little Birds) was doing the hair for the week long event.  On Tuesday night, they did a tribute to Alexander McQueen.  After seeing her (and the other stylists from the salon) work last night, it made me really regret not being able to go on Tuesday night.  

So, I opted for this outfit for the event.  It wasn't very dressy, but it was my style and I was pretty comfortable in it.  I loved the gold top and the way that it played well against the floral skirt.  Almost everyone at the event was reppin' an LBD.  In a sea of black, I was in gold and yellow.  Go figure.  Oh well.

Thanks to Chris for taking my pictures!  Had a ball baby!

Gold Top-Jones New York, thrifted; Floral Skirt-Gap, thrifted; Belt-unknown; Yellow Suede Pumps-Style & Co., gifted; Bag-Coach, vintage and gifted; Earrings and Necklace-vintage from Grandma; Elephant Cuff-thrifted; Gold Watch-gifted

P.S. Don't forget about the $20 discount to eShakti's online store!!!! (Do you all remember this dress?) All you need to do is use the discount code ROBIN0811. The code is valid through October 31, 2011 so don't delay if you are interested.


So I took a ton of pictures last night.  And, my camera hates night time and inside pictures.  That, and I am not savvy enough to figure out how to mess with all the little buttons and options and stuff.  So, these pictures are not the greatest, but try to focus on the clothes, if you can.  

Chris and I got to sit front row!  V.I.P. style baby!

Here is the man behind the clothes, Gino Velardi!

Gino Velardi specializes in wedding gowns, evening gowns and cocktail dresses.  Honestly, when I heard this, I wasn't too thrilled because that's not really my style, but I couldn't help but be dazzled by some of his gorgeous pieces, like this white dress.  It might surprise some of you to know this (you know, have three kids and all), but I've never been married.  If I ever do get married, however, I imagine my dress looking something like this--chic, simple and flowy. 

I loved the tiers on this dress--so stunning.  And check out that beehive!  So pretty!

The retro print on this dress and it's flowy nature was spectacular.  I missed the shot, but this model was workin' this runway.  She did a twirl in this dress that totally made me swoon.

I loved this sheer, animal print gown as well.  As you can see, it was so long that the model had to hold it up as she walked.  

This was Chris' favorite model.  She had her Blue Steel on the whole show.  I loved this sheer dress.  Loved it.   And I love how it was paired with the tough moto jacket.

Here's the view from the back of the dress.  Stunning.

In fact, my favorite element of Gino Veraldi's dresses were their backs.  A lot of his dresses had low cut backs, which I love.

And a lot of his dresses had really pretty asymmetrical backs, like this one, which I found awe-striking.  

There were a couple of these really cute bubble dresses as well.  They were just adorable.

And then they pulled out the suits and more Mad Men-esque outfits.  I loved this gold dress--it almost matched the outfit I was wearing!

Ok, this picture is horrific, but this dress is absolutely stunning.  The circle skirt and low cut front of the top is something I would totally rock!

I fell in love with this houndstooth printed shift dress.  Gorgeous!

And this was another favorite of mine.  The leather skirt and the fur coat were so ladylike and fabulous.  Totally wealthy wife circa 1950's.  Loved this look!


My absolute hands-down, favorite part of this collection were the coats and capes.  The houndstooth print and cut of the one above was breath-taking.  I wanted to buy it right then and there!

And the piece de resistance, this absolutely stunning fur and sheer layered coat.  It stole my heart from the time this little beauty sashayed down the stairs to the runway.  This coat is my soul mate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs