October 25, 2011

Like Death Warmed Up



MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

So, I was out yesterday.  No, no.  I mean like out.  Of commission.  I got a cold this weekend, but was too busy with the festivities to really take notice.  So that cold bitchslapped me in full force yesterday.  I left work half way through the day and passed the eff out until this morning.  

Which is a major bummer because yesterday was the first day of the This or That fall challenge hosted by the lovely Megan of Megan Mae Daily and Keely of Casual Chic Kiki.  I did not slack entirely though.  Since I was trying to be a trooper for work, I did participate in yesterday's challenge which was Leopard or Snake.  See? 

Purple Sweater with Zipper Detail-Kohl's; Leopard dress worn as a skirt-thrifted; Heels-Mudd; Earrings-gifted

You can probably see the amusement in my face.  I could barely muster the energy to do anything other than drag my tripod and my tired ole ass out to the front yard for one piece of evidence that I participated and that was all she wrote.  

I am doing much better today, however.  And I am fully in my wide legged wool trousers for the Menswear or Over Sized Pants portion of the challenge.  I had to prop the 'pod on a hill of dirt for these pics, so that's why I look a bit shorter and fuller.  

Colorado is a cuh-razy place to live weather wise.  Yesterday, gorgeous fall weather.  Sunny skies, warm temps and just the right crisp breeze.  This morning was the same.  After lunch, it got cloudy and chilly.  It was raining on my way home (I juuuuust beat it for these photos).  It is snowing now and we are currently in a Winter Weather Watch.  

Seriously folks.  This morning, I was too warm in the jacket and no sooner than I take it off, I get a phone call informing me to prepare for the fact that school might be canceled tomorrow.  For real?  

Being a Colorado native, I quite vividly remember hiking to school in calf-high snow drifts.  Kids these days are spoiled as hell.  . . . . How old did that just make me sound?  

And on that note, I am going to sign off.  For our own safety.   I think I'm still on a wee bit of a Musinex high and starting to drift. 

Wool Trousers-Charlotte Russe; White Top-thrifted; pLeather Jacket-Wal-Mart; Knotted Cognac Booties-Charlotte Russe; Necklace and Earrings-Kohl's; Watch-Patrick's ;-)


P.S. Don't forget about the $20 discount to eShakti's online store!!!! (Do you all remember this dress?) All you need to do is use the discount code ROBIN0811. The code is valid through October 31, 2011 so don't delay if you are interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs