November 29, 2013

Mission #22, Day 5---Striped Leggings and a LINK UP

It's the last day of Mission Week, so why not go out with a bang with some sassy black and white striped leggings?  I kept most of the rest of the look pretty casual, but did add some fun red booties to the mix.  Even though, these booties almost killed me the entirety of the day.  They may have to be put aside until after my pregnancy clumsiness subsides and I'm just normal clumsy again.

Black Friday.  It is the one day a year that I absolutely refuse to shop.  I spend my day lounging around, sleeping in and decorating for Christmas, trying to have as little interaction with the outside world as possible.

I love Christmas--always have.  And the minute the dessert plates are cleared from the Thanksgiving table, I consider it the Christmas holiday season.  I love it.  I love the warmth of the season, the lights, the feeling of good toward others, finding the perfect gift for someone you care about, the wrapping, the baking.  I love it.  And I feel like Black Friday ruins that for me.

I'm not talking about the small businesses or self employed people who have Black Friday sales.  I mean corporate Black Friday.  I mean making their employees either leave during dinner to go work or cutting their Thanskgiving early to go to bed to go to work at 3 a.m.  I mean the gauging eyes out for the last gaming chair.  I mean starting your season of giving screaming at sleep deprived cashiers about price matching and stock levels.  That's what I cannot stand.

When I worked my first of many BFs in retail for Circuit City in '05, I had no idea what I was in for.  I had to force myself to sleep at 6 the night before, leaving my family to unwind after the meal while I slipped away to bed, to get up at 3 and go to work.  I remember parking in the bitter cold air and seeing a line about three people deep wrapped around our building.  These were not just avid shoppers.  These were moms with their children still in pajamas--shoving muffins in their barely responsive faces.  I remember hearing demands as I walked in "You better have enough TVs in stock!"  "Where can I find the portable DVD players?"  "Are you giving out vouchers??"   I remember opening the doors and watching a wave of product hungry banshees flood our aisles without any regard for the safety of others or manners they were to be using the day before.  We were all yelled at and treated like obstacles in the way of agendas for getting as much stuff for as little as possible.  I was pushed, scoffed and shoved by strangers for 12 straight hours (a normal Black Friday shift). 

So I don't do corporate Black Friday.  I personally think it is the least Christmasy thing in the world.  Honestly, the deals aren't even that great compared to the rest of the season and they absolutely are not worth the lines, the huffing and puffing of the general public or the traffic.  Nope.  Not to me.  So if anyone needs me, I'll be listening to Bing Crosby, drinking apple cider and hanging up stockings.

Striped Leggings-Amazon; Grey Tank-thrifted; Chambray Button Down-Lee; Red Studded Booties-Target; Necklace-gifted; Earrings-gifted; Mirrored Aviators-Target



Grab button for MISSION-WEEK

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs