November 14, 2013

Mission #21, Day 4--Layered LBD

Layers was the name of the game for this Mission Week look with this LBD.  It was a perfectly fall appropriate LBD look that could work for work, a casual setting or just everyday errands.

We've been super blessed this season.  I mean, it is rare that we get an actual fall here in Colorado.  Usually it is blazing hot one minute and freezing cold with snow the next--very little in between.

But for the past few weeks, we've had weather in the mid to upper 60's.  No rain, no wind, no snow, no clouds.  Just calm, sunny skies with the perfect nip in the air for layering.

This is the kind of fall that has me super itching for holidays.  I can't wait for yummy Thanksgiving food, sending out Christmas cards, baking lots of goodies and wrapping gifts.

The only bummer at this point weather-ish-wise in Colorado is that almost all of our trees are now bare.  The beautifully colored leaves that once littered the ground are all dried, dead and crunchy.  Backdrops like this are pretty rare.

But I'll take it while I can--the pretty leaves, the gorgeous weather, the ability to go sans heavy winter coat.  Because the thought of shivering from a door to a car, scraping windshields and being committed to layers of clothing for warmth instead of fashion makes my skin crawl.

These days taking in beauty and living in the moment are something I really relish in.  That and sweet iced tea. I've got a major thing for it lately.

LBD-thrifted; Cardigan-Target; Tights-Kohl's; Studded Booties-Forever 21; Sunnies-shop in mall; Earrings-Kohl's; Fox Necklace-Charming Charlie's

Grab button for MISSION-WEEK

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs