November 1, 2013

Mission #20, Day 5--Puffer Vest and a LINK UP

Welp.  It's the last day of Mission Week.  Puffer vests were all the rage in the 90's and have had a brief comeback in recent years.  I thrifted this one and it's actually been pretty good to me.

What hasn't been good to me?  Other than my body, which is still trying to fight off the cold/flu of death?  My car.  Yes folks, ole Goldilocks is officially out of commission.

Patrick and I have been planning on me getting a new car for a while now.  Goldilocks had issues.  I mean, I didn't like to bitch much about it because she got me from A to B without fail.  But she still has manual windows.  She leaks gas and antifreeze like a mad woman, causing me to fill them every couple of days.  Her heater goes out all the time so I carry a hammer in my car.  A quick tap on the fan under the dash and we're back in business.  And it makes a bizarre clicking/ticking noise constantly.  Embarrassing.  But it ran.

Well, the fender, which was half off, officially was off on both sides.  And this caused me to realize that the brakes were out.  By out, I mean done.  Like $900 to fix in a shop done.  Ain't no used gold Saturn worth that mess!  She's out.

Luckily, my sister has a spare little car--a little Kia hatchback.  I've been borrowing it until a new car is purchased.  I have been enjoying all the little amenities that go along with this car.  For example--power windows!  Fancy!  And no weird noises or ticks.  Ooooooh!

Best of all, it's a manual transmission.  I haven't driven a stick shift since I became a mom I think.  I love it.  I feel like a race car driver!  (Don't worry Sammie, I'm following the proper shifting techniques.)  Seriously though, it's amazing how much of a p.o.s. Golidlocks looks like now.

Striped Dress-Target; Puffer Vest-thrifted; Booties-Old Navy; Wide Buckle Belt-Kohl's; Earrings-gifted; Cuff-gifted; Mirrored Aviators-Target


Grab button for MISSION-WEEK

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs