November 27, 2013

Mission #22, Day 3--Sparkle Leggings


On this day for Mission Week, I broke out the "mid-week but kinda sorta Friday-ish" celebratory sparkle leggings.  And I paired them with my husband's shirt.  It was so comfy.  So.  Comfy.

I do hope that all of you will be enjoying the next few days off.  I cannot tell you how much I detest that some stores will be open on Thanksgiving.  Seriously, people.  Make sure you have your grocery shopping done.  And prepare to focus on good food and time with your family this Thursday instead of shopping.

I've worked a fair amount of Black Fridays in my retail days as well as national holidays when I did the grocery store thing.  It's not fair.  It's not fair that people trying to just earn a living are being ripped away from their families because someone underestimated how much butter they had or so that someone can "save" $50 on a television.  Stupid, selfish and materialistic.  Sorry to be blunt, but that's how I feel.

There are lots of good articles circulating the webs on this--mainly from Huffington Post (try here, here and here).  Basically, if there is no demand for this heinous act of stores opening on Thanksgiving holidays, there will be no motivation to do so.  In fact, it states in one of these articles that even avid Black Friday shoppers are apt to think twice about visiting certain stores because they don't like being forced away from their families in order to not miss a deal. 

I personally don't want to give any motivation to any store opening on Thanksgiving this holiday season--that includes my beloved Target.  I think it is just plain wrong that we are valuing a sale of STUFF over the love of family, the gratitude for what we have or the true meaning of the holiday.  Seriously, don't get me started.  I could go on forever.  

Sparkle Leggings-Walmart; Olive Button Down-Patrick's; Heels-Madden Girl, gifted; Leopard Belt-Target; Fox Necklace-Charming Charlie's; Earrings-Kohl's; Mirrored Aviators-Target

Grab button for MISSION-WEEK

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs