November 15, 2013

Mission #21, Day 5--LBD with color, a LINK UP and HAPPY BIRTHDAY KADEN!


It's the last day of Mission Week.  It was a fun one folks and I do hope you'll link up.  Don't be shy!  For this look, I opted to throw some color in with the LBD for a fun, quirky and more casual look.

But right now we have more important things to talk about.  My oldest son.  My first born.  My baby boy.  He turns 13 tomorrow.  Thirteen.

I know that many of you have younger kids.  But if you have kids in any capacity, you know how quickly the time goes by.  And if you don't, or if you have baby-babies, you will know one day.

Thirteen is such a milestone birthday.  My son goes from child to teenager.  Teenager.  (Not that he hasn't considered himself a teenager for about three years, but now it's official.)  No more baby, no more kid.  He's moving on to adulthood now.

It is hard to believe that I became a mother thirteen years ago.  Wow.  I think of how far I've come, how much different of a parent than what I was.  Obviously, I have grown quite a bit.  I mean, I was a teenager myself when I had Kaden.

My son is turning into a man.  And I am proud of that man that he is becoming.  Sure, he's a typical teenage boy--he has issues with homework, he wants more to do with girls and friends than his mother, his room is a disaster.  But he's all heart.  And he's hilarious.  And when it really matters, he's all in. 

I know that my hormones are raging and being pregnant now with my last baby is making it even more emotional to realize how much time has passed since I had my first.  I know that it is hard to believe that the young man in these photos that now towers over me was once small enough to fit in my belly. 

But no matter how big he gets, how many birthdays he has, how much he doesn't like me to hug him in front of his friends (especially girls) and how much he says he can't wait to drive and move out and do all the adult stuff--he will always be my baby.  My first baby.

If anyone needs me, I'll be weeping into ice cream for the rest of the weekend.

LBD-Alfani; Navy Gingham Button Down-Forever 21; Mustard Tights-Target; Knee High Buckle Boots-Wal-Mart; Necklace-vintage from Grandma; Watch-gifted; Sunnies-shop in mall



Grab button for MISSION-WEEK

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs