January 6, 2013

What Did You Do To Your Hair?!?!?


 

This is the comment most associated with my recent hair choices.  Now this is always a very weird comment because it's very vague.

I haven't had my hair cut this short in a very long time.  Not that I didn't want to and not that I don't love it, but . . . 

I've always been a little weary of cutting it this short again.  I got a whim as a teenager to cut it this short.  But I was in a very bad relationship at the time.  And I was told it *quote* looked like shit *end quote*.

So perhaps . . . it wasn't just the stylists refusing to cut my hair short (they pretty much did), but more so that I was not confident in my decision to do so.  Or the confidence in myself that the result would be satisfactory.

I think that now, though, this question hasn't bothered me as much as before.  I think people are just more in shock than I am.  And I am more in a place of excitement.

This is the greatest period after a haircut: the experimentation.  Figuring out new styles, new techniques.  Feeling new.

So how have I answered this question? 

In the past I would've kind of brushed it off or perhaps found something wrong with it to justify my reasoning for wanting to cut my hair.

But this time, I have no apologies.  No explanation.  No complaints.

I cut it.  I dyed it.  I love it.  That's my new answer.  I find myself making new resolution-esque gestures all the time.  I need to trust myself.  Stand my ground and be direct.  And not apologizing for it.

 Distressed and Studded Jeans-Mudd; Combat Boots-L.E.I.; Peplum Cardigan-Talbots, thrifted; Beatles Tee-Wal-Mart; Striped and Polka Dot Scarf-gifted; Earrings-gifted

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs