January 9, 2013

I've Been Waldorf-ed


 

I'm sure you are all familiar by now with one of my favorite sponsors, eShakti.  Well, when I saw this gorgeous red and white striped skirt on uber sale, I fell in love.

 It reminded me immediately of the Corilynn skirts I've been coveting ever since I first saw them on Cori's blog but could never afford.

Needless to say, when the package arrived, I was full of glee.  I immediately ripped open the package and started planning a billion outfits in my mind.

Well, do you remember when this happened?

Well this acquaintance that I speak of is someone I see a lot.  I saw her when I received the skirt.  Her first response?  "Oh what a cute skirt!  I hope you have some elf shoes to go along with it."

"This is not a holiday skirt," I explain, "it is nautical.  And perfect for spring."

I also saw her today when I was wearing the skirt.  She started telling me that she liked it.  But then she said "You know, I was going to send you a link after I saw this skirt to one I just saw on Banana Republic's website.  But it looks like you've already got a decent knock off."

At this point, I don't know what to think about these interactions.  Maybe she's trying to joke around.  Maybe she thinks we're closer friends than we are.  Maybe she actually is trying to be mean.  Maybe she just doesn't know how to joke properly.  But it doesn't matter because me and this skirt--we're gonna get along juuuuuust fine.

 Mint Sweater-Target; Red and White Striped Skirt-eShakti; Nude Patent Leather Heels-Vera Wang; Pearl Necklace-Kohl's; Butterfly Bracelet-vintage and gifted; Earrings-gifted

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs