January 7, 2013

Share the Covers--Take Me Home Tonight

The original song . . .


. . . and the cover . . .

 

I've been thinking lately.  About how blessed I've been for Patrick to have been deployed.  I know, I know.  Whaaaaaaaat?!?!?  Allow me to elaborate.

I'm blessed because I've learned a lot in Patrick's absence.  I've learned that I need to listen to him more.  Like when he tells me to remember that he moved the router.  Or which wire to check in my car to make my heater working.

I've learned just how much I love hanging out with someone and not just anyone, but Patrick.  Sarcastic comments, extensive cuddling and tv dramas on motorcycle gangs.  That's our jam.  I really treasure it.

I've learned just how independent I am.  I always had been and I'd always known it.  But I had gotten so used to be taken care of by Patrick that my independence skills got lazy.  But with Patrick gone, it was just like riding a bike.  And it's never a bad for a girl to remember that she doesn't necessarily need a partner.

I learned that I don't need Patrick.  At all.  But I also learned that I want him.  I miss him.  And I can't wait for him to be back to do nothing at all with me.

 Striped Silk Blouse-Son Fashion, thrifted; Tribal Print Skirt-Fei, thriftd; Studded Boots-Forever 21; Necklace-DIY and gifted

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs