December 15, 2011

Making Progress



MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

I know not everyone is interested in hearing about my quitting smoking and some people just can't  read it because it is so repulsive to them.  But, I also know that there are some people who can relate and/or sympathize so, this one's for you.

You might have noticed, but Thursday has been the start of my new no smoking challenge.  Some people have asked why I don't just go cold turkey, why I am doing this the way that I am doing it.  Here's the thing-Mama's been smoking a looooong time.  I'm comin' up on 30 in a few months folks, and I've been smoking for 15 of those (minus the pregnancies of my children).  And I want this one to stick.  I want it to last.  The only way to do that is to break the habits.  I literally have to train myself to do everyday tasks without smoking since I have been so used to smoking.  Granted, I don't smoke that much, but there are certain activities that I am just used to smoking while doing. 

As we all remember, I started this challenge December 1 with getting rid of smoking in my car.  This was challenging, not gonna lie.  But, I've done it and I am so pleased with it.  My car smells fresh and is free of ash.  I genuinely enjoy not having to crack the window in blistering cold just to smoke a cigarette.  By quitting this, I saved an average of 5 cigarettes a day or roughly 2 packs that week.  (Side note: quitting smoking has also shown me how much I was in denial about my how ridiculous my addiction has been)

Last week, I challenged myself to not smoke before noon.  This was tough as well, though not as bad as I thought it would be.  I made it too.  I really liked this as well.  I got to smell fresh all morning long and you'd be amazed at how much better lunch tastes!  This exercise only saved me about one or two cigarettes a day, but added to Week One, this makes for roughly 6-7 cigarettes a day that I'm down already.  That's about 2 packs these past two weeks I've saved!

This week my challenge is to not smoke at work (or during work hours on the weekend).  Today was a rough start.  I had a semi-stressful morning, a busy day and I had a LOT of spicy Thai food with Peggy and Sally for lunch.  I did end up caving at 4 (I get off at 4:30), but waiting until 4 isn't that bad.  Tomorrow will be much better and I am optimistic about this coming change.

I want to thank everyone in their continued support.  I have been feeling the love and have appreciated all the tips and story sharing from you all.  Thank you!

In other, healthier news, don't forget that tonight is the deadline to enter this giveaway for the Monroe and Main suede tall button boots!  I'll be announcing the winner tomorrow!

Till then, this has been Frannie "Keepin' it Real" Pantz.  Adios.

Cropped Striped Sweater-Banana Republic, thrifted; Shear Button Down Top with Ruffle Detail-Ann Loft, thrifted; Cocoa-colored Pleated Trousers-Kohl's; Pointed Toe Snakeskin Kitten Heels-Amanda Smith; Necklace-vintage from Grandma; Earrings-gifted; Floral Trench-Gap, thrifted

16 Days Left . . .

Do you all remember the $20 discount to eShakti's online store that I recently featured ( remember this dress?)?  Well the kind folks of eShakti have decided to extend your ability to take advantage of  the discount code ROBIN0811. So if you missed it the first time, here's your second chance!  This code is valid through December 31, 2011 so don't delay if you are interested.  Second chances don't always come around this easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs