December 22, 2011

Walking in a Winter Wonderland



MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Remember yesterday I said we were expecting some snow?  We got some.  It was madness.  Madness I tell you!  As you can see by these pictures, the snow was up to my mid-calf and in some places, to my knees.

Today was my Friday at work (we get tomorrow and Monday off for the holiday) and I could not be more stoked about it.  I am so ready to spend some down time with the fam damily and eat junk food and watch my kids rip open endless presents. 

Oh, yes, kids, Operation "I'm not ready for Christmas" is still in full swing over here.  I still have shopping to do, presents to wrap and all the while, my house looks like someone took vomited Christmas everywhere.  Nonetheless, having tomorrow off will be essential to finishing up some loose ends.

I am taking my family out to dinner tonight and I am way excited.  We don't go out to dinner, well, ever.  I love going to restaurants!   It means that I don't have to cook, but also that I don't have to clean.  Oh yeeeeeeeeeah.  But before I go, I have a little closure to throw out there . . . .

Dear Marlboro Man,

We have been together a long time.  I looked to you in times of stress, full bellies, coffee, long drives, boredom and socialization.  You have helped me to bond, to calm down and to take the much needed "break" in my work day.  

But then again, our relationship has been a toxic one--literally.  You have wasted tons of my money, you have stained my teeth, you have wrinkled my skin, you have made me stink and you have dirtied my car.  More offensive still, you have caused me to "need" you.  I am an independent woman; I always have been.  But for some reason, I have always leaned on you without putting faith in myself to be able to do things without you.  Not only that, but who even knows what you have done to my health.

The point is, this is not going to work out.  These past four weeks of slowly eliminating you from my life has been eye-opening.  I know that there will be times that I will miss you and think that I can handle you "just for a little while."  But I will have to fight these urges and this will get easier.  I have learned to do all kinds of things without you.  I am breathing easier, tasting food, smelling good and saving major mullah.  All in all, I have learned that I don't need you.  

Sorry dude.  It's been real, but I'm moving on.  

White Jeans-Wal-Mart; Black Turtleneck-INC., thrifted; Chambray Button Down-Wal-Mart; Knit Cardigan-Kohl's; Moto Boots (not shown)-Kohl's; Earrings-gifted

9 days . . .

Do you all remember the $20 discount to eShakti's online store that I recently featured ( remember this dress?)?  Well the kind folks of eShakti have decided to extend your ability to take advantage of  the discount code ROBIN0811. So if you missed it the first time, here's your second chance!  This code is valid through December 31, 2011 so don't delay if you are interested.  Second chances don't always come around this easy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs