December 1, 2011

Don't Judge Me



MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

So we have two important matters of business to attend to today (three if you count that it magically snowed on the first of December).  First and foremost, thanks to all the wonderful prayers and positive thinking yesterday Nakita was found this afternoon!!!!  Yay! 

The second is something that I am hesitant to tell you.  Trust me, you're not going to like what I am about to say.  But I am . . . a moderate smoker.  Phew.  Glad that's off my chest.  I foolishly started smoking as part of my teenage rebellion when I was fifteen and it was the worst decision I have ever made.  

I quit each time I got pregnant with my kids (and I mean cold turkey, immediately).  And each and every time I would "just have one cigarette" and think I could handle it.  Obviously, I couldn't.  Now, before you all come after me with torches, let me at least tell you this: I am an adult that makes her own decisions.  I know that this is not a good one.  I know that it has health side effects, I know that it can effect my skin and my teeth and stuff, I know that it is horrible.  I know, I know.  I don't smoke around my kids (not in the car while they are in there, not in the house).

Let me just say this: I do not like smoking.  I hate it, in fact.  I hate the way it smells, I hate what it does to my body,  I hate the way I feel like I "need" it.  I hate it.  But, I have made a conscious decision to quit.  I am sick of smoking.  I am trying to save money for a wedding.  I want to be a better example for my kids.  So, I am putting myself on a four step program.  People are absolutely correct when they say that smoking is a bad, nasty habit because it is just that.  A habit.  Instead of trying to defeat my dependence on nicotine with a patch or a pill, I am going to try to conquer my dependence on the habit of smoking by eliminating my need for having a cigarette while I do certain things. So, for my first week of my four week program I am going to quit smoking in my car.  Like I said, I don't smoke in the car while my kids are in it, but if they are not in the car, it is a habit I have grown accustomed to. 

Please do not leave me any comments about how horrible smoking is.  Trust me, I know.  Feel free, however, to leave words of encouragement.  I am going to need it.  

 Wool Wide Leg Trousers-F21; Cowl Neck Retro Top and Belt-Kohl's; Boots-Wal-Mart; Bangles and Earrings-gifted; Peacoat-H&M, thrifted

Guess What???

Do you all remember the $20 discount to eShakti's online store that I recently featured ( remember this dress?)?  Well the kind folks of eShakti have decided to extend your ability to take advantage of  the discount code ROBIN0811. So if you missed it the first time, here's your second chance!  This code is valid through December 31, 2011 so don't delay if you are interested.  Second chances don't always come around this easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs