July 1, 2013

Mission Monday #12--Stars of Stripes Week


Being as this is the week we celebrate the red, white and blue, we are also going to keep in spirit next week by sporting the Stars of our Stripes in our closet.

Since I'm guessing most of us are low on the stars portion (I personally own nothing with stars on it . . . perhaps that needs remedied), we are going to focus on the stripes.  And that, my friends, I do own.  Quite a bit of in fact.

So what are your favorite striped items in your closet?  Is it a dress?  A blouse?  A blazer?  A skirt?  I am confident nearly every girl has a stripe collection of some kind.

To celebrate a trite early, I am sporting some very special stripes for this post.  This dress was given to me by my mom.  She wore it and I even featured it on the blog, but it was so long ago that I can't even find it to reference!

She had asked me if she was too old for the dress to which I replied "of course not!" and by poll of the readers, it was unanimous.  But she didn't feel comfortable wearing it so she gave it to me.  And I'm never one to turn down a cute sundress.  And she gave me the sandals I'm wearing too!

Also, my sister gave this Sister necklace to me for Mother's Day.  I love it's delicate simplicity and it also holds a special meaning, which is the best kind of jewelry.

And my cousin made my earrings so I guess you could say I couldn't pull this look off without my three favorite ladies--my mom, my sister and my cousin.  And the thrift store.

Striped and Polka Dot Dress-gifted by Mom; Pink Cardigan-thrifted; Sandals-Worthington, gifted; Sister Necklace-gifted by Sister; Earrings-DIY and gifted by my cousin


Grab button for MISSION-WEEK

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs