June 23, 2013

Tricky Business


I oogled over the different ways to fashionably wear sweatpants for months and months and finally found an affordable pair at Old Navy.  I was so stoked to wear them.

It seemed so effortless--but somehow it was a lot trickier than it seemed.  I found it hard to balance them out with other aspects of the outfit. 

Flats or sandals and a tee looked too pajama-y.  Heels with a fancier blouse looked like a Walk of Shame.  Flats and a nice blouse looked like you just gave up half way through. 

But I think I ended up ok.  I learned that you definitely need to spruce up the footwear.  It has to look like you meant to pair them.  Think heels or at least straps and/or studs. 

Also, accessorize.  Again, this is to accentuate the difference between just throwing something on and meaning to do it.  For this round, I chose a fancy bandeau, a tough cuff and a spiked baseball hat. 

I'm going to have to give next time some time to think.  But I am excited for the next round.  You know why? 

Because there is little better than when a fashion trend and comfort come together.  And there is nothing more comfy than sweatpants. 

Grey Sweatpants-Old Navy; Notorious BIG and TuPac Muscle Tee-Urban Outfitters; Hot Pink Lace Bandeau-Wal-Mart; Sequined Heels-Target; Heart Cuff-gifted; Earrings-DIY and gifted; Spiked Hat-Amazon; Mirrored Aviators-Target

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs