June 13, 2013

Mission #10, Day 4


For this Mission Week look with maxis I have again worn a maxi dress as a skirt.  It's just so easy to do!  But for extra flair, I added some interest with a beaded tank and belt.

I felt that this outfit needed to be surrounded by some beautiful flowers.  So I opted to take my photos in the greatest garden I could imagine.  And that place is the Callahan House, where I got married in September.

In fact, it was exactly where I was standing, in front of this water fountain, that my husband and I exchanged our vows a little over nine months ago.

I often choose to take my photos here in the spring, summer and early fall because a) it's always open to the public, b) it's almost always secluded, and c) it brings such amazing memories.

Having been through six or seven weddings (nearly one every weekend since the end of March), it solidified it even more.  I don't remember much about my wedding day (hectic + nerves + wine), but I do remember the wonderful euphoric feeling all day long.

Even now walking through this empty garden, I can still see where the chairs were set up, where the kids were running rampant through the lawn, where I threw my bouquet from the balcony and where I saw Patrick for the first time as I walked down the aisle.

I am so lucky to live so close to a place so special that is always open and available for photography.  And even luckier to live with the person that makes me love this place so much.

Blue Maxi Dress (worn as a skirt)-Kohl's; Beaded One Shoulder Tank-gifted; White Flip Flop Sandals-Target; Bangles-Kohl's; Earrings-Wal-Mart; Beaded Belt-thrifted and gifted

Grab button for MISSION-WEEK

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs