March 28, 2013

Thursday Mixer--Black Skater Skirt

I thrifted this black subtly baroque patterned skater skirt last fall.  It seems like I've worn it way more than three times, but maybe the super glue stain on it is what stops me from wearing it more.  So unfortunate.

Nonetheless, the short, flirty length, the subtle pattern on the fabric and the fun circle bubble-esque shape of the skirt makes it a lot of fun to remix!

1, 2, Now

So guess what kind of biggish thing is currently going down in our household?  We've decided to try the vegetarian route.

It all started last week when we were in the thick of the plague of the flu.  Patrick and I started watching a ton of documentaries on food (we typically watch one of two genres of movies--stand up comedy and documentaries).  They were so interesting that they got us thinking about seriously making the switch.

I'm not too worried about myself.  I love veggies and I was a vegetarian for four years when I was a teen.  Granted, this was before I was a mom or did my own grocery shopping or my own cooking.  I was actually surprised that Patrick was willing to get on board though since, well, he won't eat ANYTHING.  Especially veggies.  And, I was pretty nervous about how the kids would take it.

We've done a lot of research.  We know what to feed the kids to make sure we all get our protein.  I have actually started reading labels at the grocery store.  I am in the process of finding different places to shop, where farmer's markets will be and things like that.  It will be a rocky start for everyone, I think, but in the end, I think it will be very beneficial if for no other reason than to actually pay attention to what we digest and make healthier choices.  I made my first vegetarian chili last night and I have to say, I think it was faaaaaaantastic.

Black Baroque Skater Skirt-thrifted; Cowl Neck Shear Sleeve Sweater-thrifted; Black Tights-Target; Polka Dot Socks-Target; Studded Suede Low Cut Booties-Forever 21; Earrings-c/o Touchstone Crystals

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs