March 31, 2013

Holidaze

Before we talk about anything else, I have two important notes of wisdom to start with.  First of all, my sister started a blog!  It is mostly on history and books that she is reading with a touch of lifestyle thrown in for good measure.  You should check it out!  You can find her here.

Secondly, nearly the entirety of this outfit is credited to Ms. Lynne who ever so kindly sent me these pieces over the Christmas holiday.  I have been dying for spring to get here so I can wear all the pretty pastels.  Easter was a perfect excuse to go extra springy!

And speaking of Easter--I hope you all had a hip hoppity good one.  Mine was very good but very different than it usually is.

For one, my younger kids were with their Dad for Easter this year.  So that's always a bummer to not have all the kids together.  But even more so because Conner is almost 8 and Brielle is almost 6, so they are still in the "magic" stage.

Kaden, my 12 year old, not so much.  He's totally over the whole Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy, Santa Claus thing.  Although I did hide the eggs anyway and he did partake in looking for the eggs, he didn't have the same excitement as the younger ones do.

Up until about two years ago, my family was super, super close.  We had family dinners at least once every other week or so and we would pig out and hang out and it was great.  Needless to say, a lot of changes have gone down in the last two years.  

The most difficult of which is my mom moving from a two minute drive away to a three hour drive away.  And my brother is staying with her right now.  So we don't get to see them very often and when we do, it's often rushed because of getting there and then having to leave to drive home.

My mom used to be kind of the ring leader of these dinners.  She would make most of the food and invite people over and orchestrate the whole ordeal.  Now my sister and I are usually in charge of the cooking and the details.

It's fine.  It's just different.  It takes some getting used to.  But we did have a lovely dinner anyhow (Patrick and I stuck to our vegetarian diet though) and hanging out with my nieces is always so wonderful.  Not to mention the weather.  Oh God.  I want to bottle it up and have this perfect sun to breeze ratio every.  single.  day.

 Striped Skirt-Old Navy, thrifted and gifted by Lynne; Blue Knotted Tank-Ann Taylor, thrifted and gifted by Lynne; Light Purple Cardigan-Mossimo, thrifted and gifted by Lynne; Purple Mary Jane Heels-Fioni, thrifted; Bangles-DIY and gifted; Earrings-gifted


No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs