March 14, 2012

Suspended


MusicPlaylist

Did you know that you can't sell weed to minors?  As I was taking my outfit photos here, there was a drunk man on his phone in either the bushes or a parking lot nearby.  He was being so loud, but was so wasted that all I could understand from his end of the conversation was 1) he's been getting social security for four years, 2) you can't sell weed to minors . . . unless you are a minor, and 3) selling weed to minors is how he lost his scholarship.  I swear taking your outfit photos can be a real sociology project.

It'd been a hot minute since I broke out the suspenders.  In fact, since my first Bloggers Do It Better challenge like ten months ago (don't laugh, I had just started blogging).  It had to be done.   

Personally, I thought this was a great outfit . . . looks wise.  However, I ended up changing immediately following work.  These shoes are a trite too big, so they were killing my feet.  The slit in my skirt ripped somehow at some point during the day turning it from office wear to borderline inappropriate.  And even though I have the bust size of a middle schooler, the buttons kept wanting to fly open!  Ei yi yi!!!

And, as usual, once I got off of work, I was on to job #2--fiance and mom.  I had to go pick up my daughter from pre-k, my younger son from his after school program, my older son from home and take them to Kumon.  Then we had to go get Patrick's dad a birthday card and meet them up for dinner in Loveland.  And we got home about an hour ago.  I'm beat. 

I am, however, absolutely loving the fast paced arrival of spring.   Every morning the birds are chirping.  I am seeing more and more blades of green grass.  Today was almost 80!  And there is just enough of a slight breeze to keep you cool.  Perfection.  

Speaking of perfection, do you all know what day it is today?  It's Pi Day (celebrating .314 on 3/14).  I don't know how I never heard of this or why I didn't end up eating a pie today.  Madness I tell you!

So yesterday I mentioned that Patrick and I are giving up soda until the wedding to shed a couple of pounds.  I have to tell you, this has been challenging.  I rely on the caffeine that Dr. Pepper gives me throughout the day and without it I feel completely drained.  Today was the first day that I brought an actual water bottle to work and used it.  This is a big milestone for me.  You would be embarrassed to know how little water I drink in a month.  I have to say, though, it felt good!

The next random topic of discussion is that we sent out our Save the Dates last week and we are already getting so many responses!  I am so stoked!  This is really happening!  That is all. 

Silk Polka Dot Button Down-Banana Republic, thrifted; Black Pencil Skirt-Kohl's; Suspenders-Wal-Mart; Kitten Heels-BCBG, gifted; Earrings-gifted; Bracelet-ICE, gifted

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs