March 19, 2012

Shake It Off


MusicPlaylist

Patrick and I are now a week strong (well, with a few weak momets) from trying to go cold turkey on the soda consumption.  With the exception of this weekend, we have not had soda and have been drinking water like it's going out of style.  That's the good news.

The not so great news is that we seem to have traded in our soda habit for a dangerous milkshake habit.  Nearly every night, one of us finds ourselves in the McDonald's drive through getting a late night treat.  This can't end well, you'd think.  But somehow it always does end deliciously well.  But this really does need to stop.  

You guys.  I am super stoked for this week.  You know why?  It's Round 2 of Super Stripes Week with Megan of Megan Mae Daily and Keely of Casual Chic Kiki.  As I was getting some outfits together for the challenge, I noticed something.  I own a LOT of stripes.  In fact, I had to narrow down my options.  I know.  I have a problem.  Both with clothing consumption and with whining about having too much of something.   

As for this striped maxi that I selected to start this week out with, it is new to me from a half off thrifting venture from a few weekends back.  I found it lonely, neglected and tossed aside on the floor between a denim teacher jumper (no offense to teachers--I'm aware there are several amazing dressing teachers, namely this girl and this girl, I mean teachers from when I was in grade school) and a bedazzled to death blazer.  And it was $3 (half off of $6).  The fabric is sensational, the length is perfect and the colors and stripes had me at "please get me up off the effing floor". 

So anyways.  This weekend.  In a word--amazing!  I touched on it a bit yesterday, but didn't get to finish telling y'all some of my highlights.  They were . . .

I was doing the mom thang last night, cleaning up after dinner and what nots when I see Conner out in the backyard playing tetherball in the last bits of the day before the sunlight escapes for the night and I decided I needed to get a good tetherball match.  So I left the kitchen and dining room messy for about an hour while Conner let me win several games of tetherball.  It was one of the funnest times I've had in a while.

On the way home from Winter Park, we decided to hit up the hot springs in Idaho Springs.  Pat, Kaden and I love it there and Conner and Brielle had never been, so it was kind of a must (even though we spent the majority of the weekend in water in a hot tub anyway, but no matter, we are water people).  Experiencing the hot springs with my kids was just great.  It should be said that I, for whatever reason, do not like water on my face.  Weird, I know.  It just freaks me out.  So typically, I keep my head out of the water for the most part.  But, on this day I made an exception and Kaden and I had a massive dunking war.  He won.  A lot.  

Watching the phone video on Patrick's phone of him and Brielle tubing on Saturday.  She had an absolute blast.  Every time we mention tubing since, she gets a grin from ear to ear.  My favorite part is the last few seconds of the video when the tube barely stops sliding and she is getting out of it going "let's go again!  let's go again!"

Um what else was cool about my weekend?  I don't know.  Only that it was announced on my fave show ever and the only thing I really watch Jerseylicious last night that Olivia, one of my fave characters is starting her own fashion blog.  Um yeah.  I'm stoked as hell.  I even tweeted this.  It should be said that I am not a tweeter.  If nothing else, I am merely an amateur Facebook-er.  Yeah.  It was serious.   

As noted above, having strawberry milkshakes with Patrick last night watching said Jerseylicious.  I usually have chocolate and he has strawberry, but for some reason it was really appealing to me.  And it was heavenlyyyyy.  And it is my pure laziness at the moment that is stopping me from getting another one.  Mmmmm.

Currently, Patrick and I are watching a documentary on DMT, or the spiritual molecule that is found in all living things.  All.  Plants, people, animals.  All things.  As Patrick just noted, it is a trip, pun intended.  And he is so right.  We love documentaries.  We're dorks. 

I don't mind being a dork.  And I don't mind being beaten by my six year old at tetherball.  And I don't mind being dunked by my eleven year old.  And I don't mind having a mild addiction to milkshakes and amazing documentaries.  I don't mind having too many stripes in my closet.  I don't mind it at all.  

Striped Maxi Dress-unknown and thrifted; Polka Dot Tank-Jersey, gifted; Denim Jacket-Lee; Buckle Booties-Ralph Lauren, gifted; Bracelet-DIY and gifted; Earrings-Kohl's; Headband-Safeway




No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs