March 10, 2012

Freaky Story



MusicPlaylist

I went to early elementary school in Englewood, a suburb of Denver.  We didn't have a library.  But we did have the Bookmobile.  It was a weird bus thing that came around once a week so we could check out books.

One time, I checked out a scary story book.  It sounded promising.  And there was a story in said book about a couple.  This couple was very much in love and just the cutest thing you'd ever seen.  But the woman always wore a scarf, the same scarf, around her neck. 

The husband would ask the wife why she never took the scarf off, but the woman would never answer him.  

Over time, the woman became very ill.  One day, her husband was at her bedside and it was inevitable that she was going to pass.  She told him that he could take the scarf off now.  And her freaking head rolled clean off!

Now if that is not traumatizing I don't know what is.  This might be why I'm such a wuss when it comes to scary stuff now.    

Anywhosie, a few weeks back, I got a belated birthday card in the mail from Pat's mom.  There was a check inside.  Ever since I got said card and check, I have been saving the cash for a wonderful, glorious pastel centered thrift run. 

Life happened and I didn't ever get to go.  But today.  Today, my friends, I had alone time to kill and an ARC thrift store half off sale to browse.  

Let me just say, there are some new kids in town in the ole closet.  And are they ever just the springy happy loves that I have been longing for.  

Speaking of spring, it was hawwwwt today.  I mean, I was hot in this!  Windows down, cold drink sipping, leaving the jacket in the car hawt.  Hallelujah!

While I was in another city (we don't have an ARC here, sad day), I took advantage of a new photo shoot locale.  

It turns out Loveland has its own little macro Central Park.  It's downtown, in the middle of buildings and shops.  It's very quaint, but pretty with cool statues, a little walkway and cool art on the bricks.  

They even had checkerboard on the tables.  I've never been to NYC--def one of the bucket list items), but it was cool to have a little mini model of one of the cool downtown spots.  Even for a moment. 

Striped Sweater Dress worn as a top-Kohl's; Leather Pants-Lip Service, thrifted; Booties-Nine West, gifted; Leopard Scarf-vintage; Crossbody Bag-Coach, gifted; Heart Earrings-gifted; Heart Cuff-gifted

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs