November 9, 2011

Matty and Me



MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Matty and I met when we were 15.  I believe we were in detention because I remember taking out trashes at school.  I'm sure he was wearing his infamous tie dye whale shirt and I was no doubt in something ridiculous like a Charlie Brown t-shirt with camo tights. 

Through the years, we've grown together and become more comfortable with ourselves.  We don't talk every day, but we have such a love for each other it is immeasurable.  He is honestly the big brother I never had. 

We've seen each other through hard times and happy times.  We've done Vegas, Black Eyed Pea (waiting tables), high school and booty shaking contests on top of bars.  He taught me how to parallel park (well he tried but it didn't stick.  Every time I go visit him, I make him park my car for me.) and let my inner love for the Spice Girls shine through (even though I tried so hard to deny it).

Basically I have known Matty since he was a "straight man" with a bowl cut.  He's known me since I was a chubby punk rocker.  He is my oldest and dearest friend. 

So when everyone commented on my sweater today and how cute it was, I immediately gave Matty credit.  He had seen it and bought it for me because he thought it would look great on me.  This was a few years back.  It did and I love this sweater. 

After I told everyone that Matty had bought me this sweater they all told me "wow, he must have really good taste" to which I replied "he does and I wouldn't be who I am today without him."  And that is true.  Both sartorially and spiritually.  I love you Matty!

Sweater-Arizona, gifted; Skirt-Ross; Sweater Tights-Vera Wang; Platform Loafers-Bandolino, gifted; Earrings-Kohl's

Guess What???

Do you all remember the $20 discount to eShakti's online store that I recently featured ( remember this dress?)?  Well the kind folks of eShakti have decided to extend your ability to take advantage of  the discount code ROBIN0811. So if you missed it the first time, here's your second chance!  This code is valid through December 31, 2011 so don't delay if you are interested.  Second chances don't always come around this easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs