December 13, 2012

Threesome Thursdays--Striped Halston Skirt


 

I thrifted this skirt this summer and it hasn't gotten nearly the wear it deserves.  I mean, it is a splendid blend of stripes and it has pockets.  Riiiiiiiight?



For whatever reason, I've been a glamorous dressing kind of mood, hence the tulle skirt yesterday and vintage feather stole today.

Did you like the Care Bear song above?  My sister and I always sing it when we're going through "adult boo-hoo's".

I had a moment of "holy hell I really am a grown up now" last week when I was on the phone with Matty.

His boyfriend just moved here from NYC and they got their own little place!  He was going on and on about his recent trip to Costco.

After relishing in how many razors and bars of soap you can get for a ten spot, he asked me if I had a Costco membership.

I told him that I did not.  "Oooooooooh I know what you're gettin' for Christmas girl!  You know you need one with all them kids!"

Yes, it was not enough for our conversation to be about the benefits of Costco shopping and buying in bulk for a good fifteen minutes, now we were giving memberships to each other for Christmas.

I'm not being snobby here . . . I am really excited.  And we were laughing ourselves stupid while we were talking about it. 

It's so funny when I stop and realize that I'm thirty.  Thiiiiiiiirty.  I used to think that staying home on a Friday night catching up on SATC reruns was lame.  Why stay home when you can go out and show people how low you can go on the dance floor?

Now, a Friday night of doing nothing sounds sensational.  And as for late night dance fests?  They are few and far between.  I'm usually toast after ten.

An array of responsibilities, a lack of energy and a very tight schedule takes over the desire to stay out late and stand in front of a subwoofer trying to pretend that it isn't really freaking loud.

Yeah, sometimes it's no fun being a grown up.  But when part of being a grown up is having a best friend for fourteen years that loves and knows you and can make you laugh just as much as when he did when you were teenagers--that's not too bad either.

 Skirt-Halston, thrifted; Black Turtleneck-International Concepts, thrifted; Feather Stole-vintage; Polka Dot Tights-Wal-Mart; Heels-Wal-Mart; Pearl Necklace-Kohl's; Coat-H&M, thrifted


1 comment:

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs