December 11, 2012

We Livin In Our Last Day




Does the whole December 21, 2012 date scare the holy bejesus out of anyone else but me?

Here's the thing.  I'm not entirely sure that I really believe all the hype.  I mean, I don't really think that anyone could predict the end of the world but . . .

I'm very naive.  I am fairly trusting.  If you tell me something, I'm likely to believe it on some level, even though I like to walk around like a total skeptic.

I just wish that no one would have said anything, you know?  I mean, if the world ends, I don't wanna know.  I just wanna be hanging out with my kids having the time of our lives without a clue.

And, I have this illegitimate fear of drowning.  Not like I'm afraid of water or anything, but I don't fancy the idea of a wall of water in a massive flood coming at me and my kids.  It just seems like the most gruesome way to day to me.

We had this client forever ago that was totally into the whole end of days thing.  He even invited me to go up to his secret mountain home with him on December 20, 2012.  

That, I don't get.  Like the whole Doomsday Preppers thing.  Why would you want to live your days preparing for your last day?

I'm not like that.  (Although, thanks to Patrick, we do have pounds upon pounds of MREs . . . which I don't know that I would even touch if it was the only thing to eat on Earth.)

But, as a precautionary measure, I am not planning anything on December 21, 2012.  I'm calling in sick to work and hanging out with my kids all day.  And then, just as I did on January 1, 2000, I will laugh at the ridiculousness that was the 12-21-12 scare.

 Dress-Ross; Shear Blouse-vintage; White Tights-Target; Mary Jane Kitten Heels-Candie's; Earrings-Kohl's



1 comment:

  1. When I initially commented I clicked the "Notify me when new comments are added" checkbox and now
    each time a comment is added I get several e-mails with the
    same comment. Is there any way you can remove me from that service?

    Bless you!
    my site: erinmore balkan mixture

    ReplyDelete

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs