December 1, 2012

Get Red-y


 

Today I had the pleasure of being invited to the rehearsal for the Red Ball.  It is a fashion show that is being held tomorrow night in Denver.

Before I talk about the rehearsal itself, let me just say that if you are in the Denver area tomorrow night and you don't have any plans, this is definitely something worth looking into.

There will be cocktails, fashion and a silent auction.  All of the proceeds go toward services provided by the Colorado AIDS Project.  The Red Ball itself is to ignite awareness about HIV/AIDS.

General admission starts at $30 and the show starts at 6:00 p.m.  Seriously, if you are in the area, you should go.  It's for a good cause and it promises to be fabulous.  If you need any additional information, click here.

Now.  The rehearsal.  Amazing.  I've never been surrounded by so many beautiful people in my life.  Literally over a hundred models, several designers, photographers, a DJ and, of course, Justice, founder of Colorado Fashion Week.

Just to give you a little taste of what it was like, check out this video:
 

This isn't what I wore today.  This is from a month or so back, but it is something that I would wear to such an event.  But maybe with comfier heels.  Seriously, I was in some heel booties like this and my feet are killing me.

I was also up a little too early this morning going to a pancake breakfast fundraiser for Kaden's football league.  I am literally a walking zombie.

 I also took it to the next level and tried to get some Christmas shopping done on my way to the rehearsal.  It was pretty successful.  And, of course, I had to get a red dress for the ball tomorrow night because, if you would believe it, I don't own any red cocktail dresses of all the dozens I own now.

Luckily for me, I am up for nearly any excuse to shop.  And I ended up finding the perfect dress at Old Navy, of all places.  I see it being truly versatile, which isn't usually the case with a cocktail dress.

After today at the rehearsal, I am so very super excited to go to the event tomorrow night.  Seeing everyone work together today and realizing all the talent and time and people it takes to put together an event like this is really spectacular.

Needless to say, it's been a fashionfull weekend for me.  Show last night, rehearsal today, the ball tomorrow . . . I am so glad to see Colorado blossoming up to be a true fashionistate.  Somebody pinch me.

Jeans-Gap; Striped Top-thrifted; Boots-Forever 21; Green Tweed Blazer-Robbie Bee, thrifted; Pearl Necklace-Kohl's; Earrings-gifted

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs