December 10, 2012

Share the Covers--You Got It

The bomb original by Roy Orbison . . .


and the amazing lady cover by Ms. Bonnie Raitt . . .


My brother and I stumbled upon this song the other day a la Pandora and I've been obsessing over it since.  And it is totally fitting today.  Here's how:

Ever since Patrick left, my car turned into an asshole.  Seriously.  My windshield wipers started to only work to the halfway point on the driver's side.  That isn't gonna work in the snow (if we ever get any.  seriously we have only seen a sprinkling and that was back before Halloween).  Then, today, on the coldest day since I can remember with the wind blasting (do you notice in the photos?), my heater fan up and quit.  Thank you.  THANK.  YOU.

Needless to say, Goldilocks and I are not on speaking terms.  And after I filled up her engine coolant.  In a gas station parking lot.  In the 30 mph wind.  In a dress.  Chasing after that paper cone bullshit that blew halfway across the damn parking lot.  Twice.  She pulls this shit when there ain't a man in sight to fix er up.  She's such a diva.

 Luckily, even though my husband is halfway across the globe, I got off of work and got a phone call from my Mother-in-law.  "I talked to Patrick today, he says you are having car trouble.  Bring it on over here and Stu will fix it."

 I swear to God.  I am blessed in so many ways.  An impromptu trip to Grandma and Grandpa's was just what was in order.  We ordered pizza and hung out and colored and ate and laughed.

There is no better way to end a frustrating day than with pizza and family.  And even though Patrick wasn't there, I could only thank him for this night.  

 Teal Maxi Dress-Mossimo, gifted c/o Lynne; Burgundy Knit Shrug-Mudd, thrifted; Boots-Sketchers; Bracelets-vintage from Grandma, gifted and really, really old; Necklace-Empowerment Circle of Support Necklace, Avon

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs