December 3, 2012

Share the Covers--3 A.M.

Ok.  This is not a cover song, but it is an awesome LP vs. acoustic version that you simply must check out.  Here is the LP:


And here is the amazing acoustic version.  The story behind the song is actually like the best part . . .

 

The Red Ball last night was fabulous.  Just fabulous.  But before I share anymore, I have to go through the 1,500 photos I took.  I will say, that I got home rather late.  And therefore, my ability to not spew a bunch of brain mush is limited.

So I chose this acoustic version of a Matchbox 20 song today for my sister.  Because it is her favorite band of all time and she has always had a mad crush on Rob Thomas.

My sister has been into this band since Push came out like two decades ago.  She went to every concert and bought every CD.

One day, when my sister was still a teenager and lived with my mom, my mom was brushing her teeth when she heard the announcement on the radio (she had been trying for weeks to win these) to call now for backstage MB20 tickets for the show that night.

She grabbed the phone, ran into my sister's room, dialed the radio station, woke my sister up.  It was ringing!  They answered the phone.  My sister was the number whatever caller.

I believe she had to answer a trivia question, but (duh!) she knew the answer and not only did she win the backstage tickets and seats to the concert, but she already had tickets to the concert (duh!), so she gave them to me and Matty.

The story of Matty and I at the show is a whole nother story for a whole nother day (my mom and sister's seats were no where near the ones Matty and I got), but . . .

My sister did get to meet Rob Thomas and the rest of MB20.  He even gave her a kiss on the cheek!

So I've always had a bit of a soft spot in my heart for ole under-rated MB20.  And I think once you hear this acoustic version of 3 a.m., you will too.

 Sequin Tank-Night Ways, thrifted; Alligator Maroon Wide Belt-vintage; Knit Cardigan-Kohl's; Camel Skinnies-Jordache; Lace Up Sling Back Booties-Nine West, gifted; Bangles-Kohl's

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs