November 12, 2012

Share the Covers--Shoop

Okay.  So I'm not featuring a "cover" per se today, but I am featuring my favorite 90's song:


And the funniest woman ever doing the same song:


You are definitely not a true 90's girl unless you can recite this entire song word for word.  And this was just the kind of pick me up I needed today.

Yesterday I realized as I was dozing off that yesterday was the one year anniversary of Patrick and I's engagement.

So that puts me in a bit of a funk.  And my Christmas music obsession has gotten me a little down when I hear songs like "I'll Be Home for Christmas".  Sigh.

On top of that, I totally spaced The Fall Fashion Challenge with Megan and Keely (ps--how cute of a pregnant lady is she???).  Today was teal.  I was wearing navy.  Close, but no cigar.

And remember how my kids make my heart melt?  It happened again.  I was tucking Brielle in tonight and she goes "You know what Mom?"  And I asked what and she goes " . . . I really wish Patrick were here."  "Me too baby."

So what is a girl to do to try to keep her spirits up?  Well, busting out Shoop on the way home definitely helps.

And so does popping in Clueless, a perfectly-hilarious-every-time-mindless-fashion-ridden film that I never get sick of.

I am extra super excited because my brother is coming to stay with us for a week.  I love my little brother and hanging out with him is the shiz.

Kaden's birthday and party is on Friday, so there's that to keep me busy and look forward to.  Midnight bowling and a sleepover of half a dozen tween boys.  Hence the brotherly help.

Random note: I totally ruined this guy's day taking these photos.  He was running and went to squeeze between me and my tripod (rude, right???  there was only like a two foot gap!) with a huffed up "excuse me!" before hearing the timer going off.  Then he like threw this little tight-jawed complaint and like threw his arms up.

Dude.  Five seconds.  Really.  There are more upsetting things in life.  Chill.  Am I right?

Peplum Blazer-Dani Max, thrifted; Sequin Tunic-Forever 21; Black Skinnies-Mudd; Booties-Ralph Lauren, gifted; Earrings-gifted

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs