November 20, 2012

Stompin Grounds



First of all, is there anyone else out there that cannot hear of this song without thinking of this amazing scene from SATC?

Anyhow, my seemingly endless search for the perfect peplum came to a screeching halt last weekend when I was shopping with my SIL.  Phew. 

This isn't what I was wearing today, but rather what I wore a week ago when I went down to Denver for my monthly paralegal luncheon *pushes glasses up on nose*.

Usually when I go down to Denver, I try to take my outfit pictures down in the city for a change of scenery, but this time I chose something a little different.

This is my old street, well a side street of my old street called Decatur.  It is pronounced Duh-ca-ter, but for funsies, my best friend Chris and I used to make it fancy and pronounce it De-couture.

I moved here post break up with my younger kids' dad and pre second college years.  It was a very independent time in my life.

For the first time in my adult life, I lived very close to all of my best friends.  I was 15 minutes from downtown Denver.  

The year I moved here, the DNC was held downtown.  My best friend Chris and I went.  It was such an amazing experience.  We took so many pictures and we saw Keith Olbermann!

 However, the change to move to Longmont was necessary and I only lived there for a year.  I know that moving to a smaller town was better for my kids, but my heart will always be in the city.

I love the city (even though Denver is just a small city).  I love the life of it, the sights, the smells, the hustle and bustle, the unapologetic bluntness, the convenience.

Luckily, I am still close enough to the city to escape to it when the mood strikes.  Close enough for now.

Purple Tweed Trousers-Orsay, thrifted; Striped Peplum Blouse-Kohl's; Snakeskin Studded Heels-Vanity, gifted; Bracelets-vintage from Grandma and gifted; Earrings-gifted

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs