November 28, 2012

Be Prepared


 

A billion bonus points for you if the above song is the immediate reaction you have when you hear or read the saying Be Prepared.  I do.  But maybe that's just me . . . and my sister . . . and every mom in the universe.

Anywhozle, today I found myself patting myself on the back for my unintended ability to be prepared for nearly any situation . . . also like any mom in the universe.  Go me.

For starters, my time frame for taking blog photos is quite limited.  I don't like to do it with my kids around.  Mostly because I don't want them to think I'm a freak and also I am even too chicken shit to pose in front of my kids.  Also, though, because when my kids are with me I want to spend time with them, not on the blog and we are usually running around and there just isn't time for blog photos.  That being said, my usual options for outfit photos are on my way to work, on my lunch break or on my way home from work. 

 That being said, I am usually quite prepared for nearly any situation when it comes to outfit photos.  I carry with me at all times a hoarding of AA batteries (I don't like the ones you have to charge . . . because I would always forget the battery, I just know it), have my tripod in my car at all times, keep that thingy attached to the camera that attaches to the tripod (I think that's its technical name) and even have "in case of" shit in my car (like the exercising leg weight I keep with my tripod to weigh it down in the event of wind).

So, Daryl's been out of town since before last week.  What this means is that my lunch time is a bit more leisurely in his absence.  That being said, I have more time to scope out new locations for photos and/or visit some old faves that are just too out of the way between the drive thru and my office.  Today, I was gonna go to a park that I love on the far west side of town.  It's about 12 minutes out of that way each way and that doesn't include park time, walk time, set up time and photo taking.  It's a commitment.

Well I got all the way there, parked, walked, found a spot, set up and took a photo only to realize  . . . I left my SD card in the laptop at home.  Blast!   Now I will have to wear this outfit again soon to get photos.  As I walk back to my car, defeated and trying to console myself with the fact that I have a decent backlog saved for such an occasion (again, prepared!), I remember . . . I have an extra SD card in my camera bag!

Amazed and taken a little aback by my accidental brilliance, I decided to take it one step further and scope out an all new photo locale down the road.  It isn't captured so well here (it was hoppin' today for whatever reason), be prepared (ha!) to see it more soon.  So, the crisis was averted and we can chalk this up to a win!

Remember how I said it was Daryl's last day on vaca?  Well he decided to pop in today and here I am in my You Give Love a Bad Name tee that I got for my 23rd birthday parties (80's themed cause that's how I do), striped socks and canvas wedges.  But, again, crisis averted--a)blazers and pencil skirts tend to make everything and anything look somewhat legitimately more professional and b) Daryl doesn't care anyways and actually does appreciate my style . . . even the questionable ones.

My new-to-me niece Brynn called me at work today too.  She had her Christmas concert tonight in Greeley (drive time from my house about 48 minutes) and wanted me to come.  Doh!  Conner had Kumon after work and to be honest, I wasn't looking forward to the thought of driving from work to get kids to Kumon to Greeley and back again not arriving at my house until 10:00 p.m.

But  . . .  I'm a sucker for kiddos.  Especially my family.  And even though it was short notice, my daughter and my niece Brynn (5 and 7) and my younger son and my nephew Bryson (7 and 5) get along swimmingly.  And my sister in law and I have gotten to spend a lot more time together and it rocks.  And my bomb mother in law was gonna be there.  So . . . we did just that.  And it was so awesome.

So there you have it.  A completely accidentally successful day of mishaps.  I should have bought a Powerball.

 Floral Pencil Skirt-Gap and thrifted; Black Blazer-A-List and gifted; Graphic Tee-thrifted; Striped Socks-Target; Canvas Peep Toe Wedges-c/o Blowfish; Earrings-gifted

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs